I'm running version 5 (currently build 1016), I have checked the option 'automatic update'. That works alright but with a program update I still have to manually run through 'the motions' to make it do an update, of which sometime nothing appears at all in the update window. Then, most annoying the window can NOT be minimized and stays on the foreground, covering the windows I am working with. Also, after a succesfull downlaod and installation of an update, I often get two different alerts to reboot :-(

I run windows 7 home premium 32bits, UAC setting default with Administrators account.

Hello dingoe,

I have checked the option 'automatic update'. That works alright but with a program update I still have to manually run through 'the motions' to make it do an update

In Preferences, there is an option under the Updates tab, "Automatically install application updates". This will install application updates without button clicks or UI. [Pro Feature]

sometime nothing appears at all in the update window

This bug has been fixed in build 5.0.1108. The update servers are offline while the download.com 5.0 launch is taking place. You can download the most recent 5.0 installer from download.com today or update normally in the next day or so when the update servers are back online.

the window can NOT be minimized and stays on the foreground

If you choose not to update when the notification window appears, simply close the window with the red X button in the upper right. The next time you start SUPERAntiSpyware or click the Check for Updates button, the update notification will pop back up.

I often get two different alerts to reboot

Application updates are performed by the SSUPDATE application. Before SSUPDATE performs an application update, SUPERAntiSpyware exits. After the update is complete, SUPERAntiSpyware is re-launched.

When a component is updated that requires a reboot, the SSUPDATE application will ask if you would like to reboot. If you decline the reboot, then when SUPERAntiSpyware is re-launched, it detects that one of its components needs a reboot to function and will alert the user. So, one of the reboot alerts comes from SSUPDATE and one comes from the main SUPERAntiSpyware application. If SSUPDATE didn't re-launch SUPERAntiSpyare, users thought there was a bug/error "Where did SUPERAntiSpyware go?". It's very rare for a component to require a reboot, and is only happening frequently during the pre-release testing phase.