mrcapi937

browser redirect comes back

I have a browser redirect problem. I scan with superantispyware and it cleans my computer but after I browse the internet for a few minutes it starts again. When I search on google and click on the link it redirects me to another sight.

How do I identify the threat and how do I remove it?

Thanks

Same thing has happened to me a few days ago. I did a full search with SAS this AM without success -- also searched with McAfee.

I've been redirected while using both Google and Bing; also redirected while using Internet Explorer and Firefox.

So far haven't been redirected while using Safari, but the redirection doesn't happen with every search -- just every two or three.

Also at same time, a "hidden" file keeps reappearing on my Desktop even though I've deleted the file a few times: aitstfzodo.tmp

The redirection is usually to the address 63.209.69.107

Thanks for any help.

mrcapi,

I finally tried Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

My problems seem to have resolved.

Good luck.

ga dave

Hello, im abit new here but have been using SAS for awhile now. I've had this problem too, I may have found another solution if trying different antispyware programs did not solve the problem.

In the new SAS version 5 there is the 'Repairs' option available from the main gui interface click that then scroll down untill you find 'Reset URL Prefixes' it states that some malware can use these settings to hijack page navigation.

I'm thinking what occured was a malware / spyware program modified some settings and the damage was not fixed by mearly removing the program...

So far in my case this seems to have cleared up the issue. Before this i've tried multiple spyware solutions... SAS, Malwarebytes, Spybot, TrendMicro's Housecall to name a few...

EDIT: ... hmm it seems i may actually still be exbiting redirection problems... I can't figure this one out. As I've said i've used a variaty of different spyware scanners SAS being my primary one but this issue won't go away.