siliconman01

SAS V5.0.1102: Significant Problems on Windows 7

This applies to Windows 7 SP1 x86 and x64 Professional.

The upgrade to SAS V5.0.1102 has some significant issues. Right click scanner is no longer available. Drivers SASDIFSV and Core Service fail to start properly.

I am back to SAS V5.0.1096 on both x86 and x64 Windows 7

Running SAS 5.0.1102 on Windows 7 x64.

I'm seeing none of the issues reported by siliconman01, everything is working as normal.

Updated to latest version 5.0.1102 and using Windows 7 Professional x64 with no problem since update. All right click menu's are working correctly as is all else.

Updated to latest version 5.0.1102 and using Windows 7 Professional x64 with no problem since update. All right click menu's are working correctly as is all else.

DooGie

Same here.

This applies to Windows 7 SP1 x86 and x64 Professional.

The upgrade to SAS V5.0.1102 has some significant issues. Right click scanner is no longer available. Drivers SASDIFSV and Core Service fail to start properly.

I am back to SAS V5.0.1096 on both x86 and x64 Windows 7

Right click scanner is not available for me on XP Pro SP3.

To all who have yet to update to version 5.0.1104; please do so! It should address the issues brought up.

This new version still didn't fix the right click scan in the context menu for me anyways and yes I have it running! Win 7 x64

TH

To all who have yet to update to version 5.0.1104; please do so! It should address the issues brought up.

Updated and the right click scan is working on XP Pro SP3.

Thank you!

It didn't make any difference for me.

Right click works fine as long as SAS is loaded. Exit SAS and right click is gone.

My husband has Windows 7 Home Premium x64bit, I upgraded his Pro version of SuperAntiSpyware to version 5, I've just looked and it's showing that it's version 5,0,0,1078. Everytime the machine is started in the morning or even after a reboot up comes the message that it needs to be registered and after doing this a box usually comes up to say there is an update and after doing that it has to reboot to finish.

As this is my husbands machine I'm not there to send it through it's set up and I know he just clicks on the cancel button when the registration box is showing, I have to do when I do the weekly maintenance for his and my machines, because I can't start the program and do the weekly scan until I've gone through the registration again.

Another problem I've found is that it will not hold the preferences which are supposed to be set to run in real time and to auto update but everytime I look the boxes for those on the front page are empty.

Do you think I should un-install it from his machine and do a fresh download.

Yes, I recommend that you run the SAS Uninstaller Assistant (64bit) to completely remove the old SAS and then download/install the latest pre-release which is V5.0.1106

If you are a PRO user with a valid license, please register it during the installation when the installer wizard asks for the license key number.

https://www.superantispyware.com/prerelease.html

Yes, I recommend that you run the SAS Uninstaller Assistant (64bit) to completely remove the old SAS and then download/install the latest pre-release which is V5.0.1106

If you are a PRO user with a valid license, please register it during the installation when the installer wizard asks for the license key number.

https://www.superantispyware.com/prerelease.html

Thanks I'll do that when I get the chance of getting to the machine, I usually do do the registration when installing but we'll see how it goes this time thanks.

It didn't make any difference for me.

Right click works fine as long as SAS is loaded. Exit SAS and right click is gone.

That's the way it's designed to work.