esmo

slow boot

I have SAS Pro v.4.31.1000 running on xp pro sp3. Boot time is very slow, sometimes taking over 2 minutes to load. Once loaded, the operational speed is good. Is there a fix for this? Thanks. esmo

I have SAS Pro v.4.31.1000 running on xp pro sp3. Boot time is very slow, sometimes taking over 2 minutes to load. Once loaded, the operational speed is good. Is there a fix for this? Thanks. esmo

You need to update to our latest version, you are using an old version of the software.

What you are in fact saying is that this slow loading is normal for this version. Is it? I find that hard to believe. At any rate I would not be ready to pay for an update till V.5 is available. I like the program, it does what is expected. I will continue to use it, but I would like to know what loading time is considered normal.Thanks. M. Friedman

With internet security loading, a cold boot of 2 minutes before the hard drive settles down is respectable. In addition, you probably have programs which are needlessly starting up at boot.