Mike56

Anyone Having Issues With AVG?

I use AVG free and recently SAS has been stopping about 20 minutes or so into a scan. It stops on an AVG file or directory, whatever you call it. If I let it go it will just sit there like that. I've let it sit over an hour before. I uninstalled and reinstalled SAS and the first scan runs fine. But scans after that stop. Any suggestions?

I use AVG free and recently SAS has been stopping about 20 minutes or so into a scan. It stops on an AVG file or directory, whatever you call it. If I let it go it will just sit there like that. I've let it sit over an hour before. I uninstalled and reinstalled SAS and the first scan runs fine. But scans after that stop. Any suggestions?

Please add the AVG directory to the "Manage Excluded Folders" option within scanning control in SUPERAntiSpyware/ preferences.

Please add the AVG directory to the "Manage Excluded Folders" option within scanning control in SUPERAntiSpyware/ preferences.

I wish that someone would tell me how to do that. All I can do is add a folder. How do I put that line of type into a folder?

I wish that someone would tell me how to do that. All I can do is add a folder. How do I put that line of type into a folder?

You browse to the folder; then press ok.

Have you changed any of the SUPERAntiSpyware settings? Scanning file size etc? What exact file does it stop on?

Nope. Never changed anything. It stops on C:ProgramData\AVG10\Chjw\56cc9e7acc9e5459\avgcchmi.dat I found an AVG folder called avg10. I did not see this in that folder but, assuming it had to have come from there, I excluded it. The scanner still scanned it and, of course, it stopped.

I have the same problem (Windows 7).  The AVG folder must be a hidden folder and it isn't viewable in the SAS selection window.  Is there a way to manually the folder?

Superantispyware 5.6.1032 will not run correctly on win 8 64bit, the reason I put it here is because I also use AVG Free edition. The problem i'm having is Superantispyware won't load in the taskbar after restart even when enabled to do so. Also I noticed that when I use Troubleshoot Compatibility windows 8 64bit shows that Superantispyware is Incompatibile even after attempting to use compatibility backwards to win7 & vista. Anyone got some answers for this problem?

Follow up: To test, I took Superantispyware application off Adminstrator rights (compatibility) by right clicking it from desktop/clicking the compatibility tab and removing the check from run this program as an Administrator and apply and ok this. Then re-start the computer  Now, SAS process starts, the icon is in sys tray and it no longer shows as "not measured." in the msconfig. Not sure if this is win 8 64bit or Superantispyware problem but this fix works. Enjoy. 

There is another problem with the most recent version of the Free edition Release 5.6.0.1032 on win8 64bit is showing that Superantispyware is incompatible. Already tried using windows compatibility to allow it to function but that did not help. Also noticed that Superantispyware can't be made to show up on the taskbar with the Notification Area behavior features. ie: Show Icon and Notification.

It should be noted that i'm also using the Free edition of AVG since I have noticed past problems on the forum here in regards to compatibility.

Follow up: To test, I took Superantispyware application off Adminstrator rights (compatibility) by right clicking it from desktop/clicking the compatibility tab and removing the check from run this program as an Administrator and apply and ok this. Then re-start the computer  Now, SAS process starts, the icon is in sys tray and it no longer shows as "not measured." in the msconfig. Not sure if this is win 8 64bit or Superantispyware problem but this fix works. Enjoy. 

It's not a bug that SAS does not show up in the system tray when set to run as administrator in the shortcut properties. No applications will run at startup on windows 7 or 8 if the application requires administrator rights and the user has UAC enabled. By checking the "run as administrator" option in the shortcut to the application, windows assumes the application requires admin rights. This is by design from Microsoft. Do NOT change the shortcut properties of SAS and it will start with windows without problems. SAS is compatible with windows 8. 

Am having the same problem. . It stops on C:ProgramData\AVG14\Chjw\C208199208198717\avgcchmi.dat. The scan proceeds until this point and then just sits. Can anyone help?