JohnnySokko

Why does SAS require a reboot in order to remove tracking cookies?

Hello,

I would like to ask something about the operation Of SUPERAntiSpyware. I have used it for years, and I love it, but there have always been a few things that I have been curious about.

After SAS is done scanning, assuming that I do not have any malware on my system, it will then detect nothing but tracking cookies. What I would like to know is why, when I go to delete them, does it insist on a reboot of the computer?

I don't have a problem with doing so. It isn't that big of a deal, but I am curious though as to why it's necessary. I could see the point in a reboot being required in order to remove malware, but why is it necessary to reboot in order to just remove cookies?

My AVG, when it is set to detect and remove tracking cookies, doesn't require a reboot to remove them. In fact, I have never ran a program before, other than SAS, that does. Can anyone explain why SAS requires this extra step when most other programs do not?

Thank you.

Hello,

I would like to ask something about the operation Of SUPERAntiSpyware. I have used it for years, and I love it, but there have always been a few things that I have been curious about.

After SAS is done scanning, assuming that I do not have any malware on my system, it will then detect nothing but tracking cookies. What I would like to know is why, when I go to delete them, does it insist on a reboot of the computer?

I don't have a problem with doing so. It isn't that big of a deal, but I am curious though as to why it's necessary. I could see the point in a reboot being required in order to remove malware, but why is it necessary to reboot in order to just remove cookies?

My AVG, when it is set to detect and remove tracking cookies, doesn't require a reboot to remove them. In fact, I have never ran a program before, other than SAS, that does. Can anyone explain why SAS requires this extra step when most other programs do not?

Thank you.

If the cookie files themselves are locked or in-use we require a reboot - have you tried version 5.0 pre-release? It should not require the reboots as often.

I have a reboot everyday just from tracking cookies. No browsers open, just other protection software scanning in the early AMs.

I run ver 5.0.1134

Thanks.

If the cookie files themselves are locked or in-use we require a reboot - have you tried version 5.0 pre-release? It should not require the reboots as often.

Hi,

I was waiting until Version 5 was out for awhile before upgrading to it. I finally made the switch about two weeks ago.

Having had a chance to use it for awhile now, I must say that I like it. It's definitely a lot faster, especially with the downloading of its updates! :-)

I have not, however, noticed any difference whatsoever with it not requiring reboots as often to remove cookies.

I love the program, but I don't understand the need for the reboot in order to remove them.

I understand your previous answer, but what I don't understand is why other programs that also remove cookies do not require a reboot. That's the part that I don't get.

I have experience in using dozens of various programs that remove cookies (and other undesirable things). None of them prompts the user for a reboot after they are done removing cookies. Malware, yes. Cookies only? Never! Only SAS seems to do this. How come? If no other program requires a reboot in order to just remove cookies, what makes SAS require it? This little, annoying quirk is the only thing that I do not like about the program.

It would be great if you could explain why SAS requires a reboot when no other program does. I could easily overlook the annoyance of having to reboot if I could understand the justification for it.

Thanks.

The same problem here. I have SAS installed on three PCs and when scan finishes and finds, even for one cookie requires restart, in order to remove the "infected items".

I had only one laptop SAS installed and never asked for restart, now I installed it on new system (transferred the licence), and asks for restart. Very annoying.

Strange!