Sign in to follow this  
marmaduke65

security solution 2011 and now personal shield pro

Hello from Sunny Nova Scotia! (well when it isn't foggy or raining that is :))

I have been unfortunate enough to get a trojan on my pc. Last night I scanned the computer with SAS, I could not get updates, I was getting an error 73 when trying to get updates. As a last resort, I went to malwarbytes website and downloaded and installed something called Avira. It seemed to remove the Security solution 2011 garbage, and my pc worked for the rest of the time I had it on this morning. After booting my PC up today, I get very similar false alert messages from a program called Personal Shield Pro. I tried running a scan in safe mode, with another program, called "Hitman version 3.5 (I am in safe mode with networking), however the application does not seem to be set up for use in safe mode with networking (can't access the "next" button). Someone suggested I use a software program called Housecall, but it did nothing of use for me. If one of your talented troubleshooters could get back to me, I would greatly appreciate it. I did find something on the internet about how to remove the personal shield pro registry entries manually, but I don't want to delete anything important in there. So here I am. Best regards, Tony

Edit: I am not exactly a total newb wrt computers, I did ts for Convergys (client was ATT Wireless) :lol::D however I am a newb when it comes to trojans.

Hello from Sunny Nova Scotia! (well when it isn't foggy or raining that is :))

I have been unfortunate enough to get a trojan on my pc. Last night I scanned the computer with SAS, I could not get updates, I was getting an error 73 when trying to get updates. As a last resort, I went to malwarbytes website and downloaded and installed something called Avira. It seemed to remove the Security solution 2011 garbage, and my pc worked for the rest of the time I had it on this morning. After booting my PC up today, I get very similar false alert messages from a program called Personal Shield Pro. I tried running a scan in safe mode, with another program, called "Hitman version 3.5 (I am in safe mode with networking), however the application does not seem to be set up for use in safe mode with networking (can't access the "next" button). Someone suggested I use a software program called Housecall, but it did nothing of use for me. If one of your talented troubleshooters could get back to me, I would greatly appreciate it. I did find something on the internet about how to remove the personal shield pro registry entries manually, but I don't want to delete anything important in there. So here I am. Best regards, Tony

Edit: I am not exactly a total newb wrt computers, I did ts for Convergys (client was ATT Wireless) :lol::D however I am a newb when it comes to trojans.

"Last night I scanned the computer with SAS, I could not get updates, I was getting an error 73 when trying to get updates."

Was that in safe mode with networking when you attempted to update?