Sign in to follow this  
ATones

Goingonearth Virus

Hi All,

One of my laptops recently was infected with the goingonearth virus which is a pain in the backside to remove. Unfortunately neither my anti-virus nor Super AntiSpyware could detect it for removal and I ended up removing it manually - although I still suspect it's still on there somewhere and it needs a format and re-install to be sure.

Just wanted to post this in the hopes it's on the cards so no one else has to go through this pain.

Cheers,

Tones

hi ATones,

I had the same problem and i used a tool which worked like magic.

heres what u need :

1. download combofix a small but effective utility for spyware removal

2. u can download it from my account : http://www.mediafire.com/?t4g1edbd8302r0l

3. run the exe file

4. after it has inspected your system it will delete the virus and generate a log

5. download google chrome since it is not affected by this virus and uninstall firefox/IE9 and delete their installation directory to be on safe side.

hope this will help you.

b bye

Hi All,

One of my laptops recently was infected with the goingonearth virus which is a pain in the backside to remove. Unfortunately neither my anti-virus nor Super AntiSpyware could detect it for removal and I ended up removing it manually - although I still suspect it's still on there somewhere and it needs a format and re-install to be sure.

Just wanted to post this in the hopes it's on the cards so no one else has to go through this pain.

Cheers,

Tones

Alternatively we can run a diagnostic for you through the support system; if you are infected again :) Also, thanks for the report!