Sign in to follow this  
tqh

Malware.Trace

New to the forum due to some recent activity on my laptop and now possibly my desktop. Please forgive if I am not posting in the correct space. The problem with the laptop goes back a few weeks now. An AVG scan produced something called SHeur3.COHQ and was identified in multiple files. When I tried to heal I received an error message that stated the files were too big to heal. Malwarebytes did not detect anything. After a few days that included a few updates and running in safe mode, AVG no longer detected it. Then I ran it in normal mode and nothing. I had asked a friend that works in network security for help before the last update. He gave me a disc (ultimateboot) that included SUPERAntiSpyware. This detected something called Malware.Trace and could not get rid of it. After I rebooted it would return. This is all on the laptop. I then went to the desktop and I received a notice from AVG that I was recently protected from several threats. The last thing added to the virus vault was May 3rd. I did a scan and found nothing. I decided to use the ultimateboot and the exact same Malware.Trace came up in the same location and could not be removed. The log from my desktop computer is included below. I updated in normal windows mode to the latest SAS and nothing was found. I find each of these things unsettling and would like to verify that I do not have an infection on both systems. I also have a few concerns due to some things I found on SHeur.

Should I avoid being connected to the web?

Is it a bad idea to have SAS, Malwarebytes, and AVG installed at the same time? AVG is the only one that runs real-time protection.

Do you recommend another program for real-time protection such as Avast?

Are there any other protection precautions I could take other than updating and scanning?

Thanks so much in advance for any help. If I have violated any rules, all apologies. I am a quick learner when it comes to forum protocol. Again, last SAS log is below. This is the one from the boot disc before I installed the latest version of SAS on my computer.

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log

https://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 06/30/2011 at 01:35 AM

Application Version : 4.36.1006

Core Rules Database Version : 7355

Trace Rules Database Version: 5167

Scan type : Complete Scan

Total Scan Time : 00:50:45

Memory items scanned : 209

Memory threats detected : 0

Registry items scanned : 1078

Registry threats detected : 1

File items scanned : 56963

File threats detected : 0

Malware.Trace

HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS NT\CURRENTVERSION\WINLOGON#SHELL

New to the forum due to some recent activity on my laptop and now possibly my desktop. Please forgive if I am not posting in the correct space. The problem with the laptop goes back a few weeks now. An AVG scan produced something called SHeur3.COHQ and was identified in multiple files. When I tried to heal I received an error message that stated the files were too big to heal. Malwarebytes did not detect anything. After a few days that included a few updates and running in safe mode, AVG no longer detected it. Then I ran it in normal mode and nothing. I had asked a friend that works in network security for help before the last update. He gave me a disc (ultimateboot) that included SUPERAntiSpyware. This detected something called Malware.Trace and could not get rid of it. After I rebooted it would return. This is all on the laptop. I then went to the desktop and I received a notice from AVG that I was recently protected from several threats. The last thing added to the virus vault was May 3rd. I did a scan and found nothing. I decided to use the ultimateboot and the exact same Malware.Trace came up in the same location and could not be removed. The log from my desktop computer is included below. I updated in normal windows mode to the latest SAS and nothing was found. I find each of these things unsettling and would like to verify that I do not have an infection on both systems. I also have a few concerns due to some things I found on SHeur.

Should I avoid being connected to the web?

Is it a bad idea to have SAS, Malwarebytes, and AVG installed at the same time? AVG is the only one that runs real-time protection.

Do you recommend another program for real-time protection such as Avast?

Are there any other protection precautions I could take other than updating and scanning?

Thanks so much in advance for any help. If I have violated any rules, all apologies. I am a quick learner when it comes to forum protocol. Again, last SAS log is below. This is the one from the boot disc before I installed the latest version of SAS on my computer.

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log

https://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 06/30/2011 at 01:35 AM

Application Version : 4.36.1006

Core Rules Database Version : 7355

Trace Rules Database Version: 5167

Scan type : Complete Scan

Total Scan Time : 00:50:45

Memory items scanned : 209

Memory threats detected : 0

Registry items scanned : 1078

Registry threats detected : 1

File items scanned : 56963

File threats detected : 0

Malware.Trace

HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS NT\CURRENTVERSION\WINLOGON#SHELL

Use this tool

https://forums.superantispyware.com/index.php?/topic/4790-superantispyware-threat-check/