Clueless in Seattle

SAS using 200+ megs of memory and increasing

Hi! I had SAS 4.51 installed on a little hand-me-down laptop running Windows XP Home Edition.

In the last few weeks the computer's performance began to slow down.

I looked at Task Manager and discovered that SAS was using an ever increasing amount of memory that just kept going up and up as I watched. When I first looked it was about 150 megs, but within just a few minutes it had gone up to over 200 megs and just kept growing.

I tried to close SAS by right clicking on its icon in what is sometimes called the systray, but the icon was unresponsive.

The only way I could stop it was to kill it with the "End Process" button in Task Manager.

And then to uninstall it completely.

I'd like to try reinstalling it, but wonder if there are precautions I can take to prevent a repeat of this episode.

Hi! I had SAS 4.51 installed on a little hand-me-down laptop running Windows XP Home Edition.

In the last few weeks the computer's performance began to slow down.

I looked at Task Manager and discovered that SAS was using an ever increasing amount of memory that just kept going up and up as I watched. When I first looked it was about 150 megs, but within just a few minutes it had gone up to over 200 megs and just kept growing.

I tried to close SAS by right clicking on its icon in what is sometimes called the systray, but the icon was unresponsive.

The only way I could stop it was to kill it with the "End Process" button in Task Manager.

And then to uninstall it completely.

I'd like to try reinstalling it, but wonder if there are precautions I can take to prevent a repeat of this episode.

Please reinstall the software using the tools below.

Follow this link to install:

https://www.superantispyware.com/download.html

Register and update product, Reboot and then run a Full Scan.