TechKel

Suggestion: Tech Bench Edition

Nick,

I don't think any Antispyware product has released a Tech Bench Edition, for techs who clean up machines in their job. Many techs purchase the pro versions of these software for their own use, but use a barrage of free versions to clean up machines at work and remove them. Often, a tech doesn't want to leave a bunch of new programs on customer pc's but would like to use the removal capabilities. Any thoughts?

Nick,

I don't think any Antispyware product has released a Tech Bench Edition, for techs who clean up machines in their job. Many techs purchase the pro versions of these software for their own use, but use a barrage of free versions to clean up machines at work and remove them. Often, a tech doesn't want to leave a bunch of new programs on customer pc's but would like to use the removal capabilities. Any thoughts?

We may release a version that can be run off of a USB stick, etc. is that what you are thinking of?

Nick,

We may release a version that can be run off of a USB stick, etc. is that what you are thinking of?

Actually, that would be great. I personally have traded the concept of a bench CD, for a USB stick anyway. I have created a folder with essential tools that I keep on my flash drive, and distribute the same folder to the other two PC techs who work in my office via the corporate network. USB version of SuperAntiSpyware would be absolutely perfect. Such a version would be easier to license for "1 bench" cleanup use. Don't get me wrong, I still recommend the program to all of my customers, as do my Internet Support techs when helping people clean up over the phone. I think it is good for exposure though, whether my customer chooses to have me install SAS permanently or not, that every machine that comes in for a malware clean has SuperAntiSpyware mentioned by name on the exit sheet, as having been a big part of the saving grace in fixing the PC. I cannot even dream of how many of my customers may have gone to get the software, eventually.

Would the USB version you are thinking of be self sufficient? Hopefully not dependent upon U3 or anything proprietary. Although I use Portable Apps Suite (open source) a bit, I don't fiddle with U3 at all.

BTW. Thanks again, Nick, for being so accessable and easy to communicate with. You are truly gaining the hearts of your loyal users, and I do believe that fact is also increasing the number of your loyal users!

I continue to review SuperAntiSpyware on download sites when I get the chance, and continue to personally vouch for your software in any forums I see discussion on. Your software has been indispensable. My other techs are converts too!

Wow, I pretty much just posted this in a form letter I've written and have been posting around to various sites today. please see my post "Loading additional Registry hives, command line interface..." for details.

Basically, it's LONG overdue for anti-malware apps to get their special tech bench functionality. I'm talking about running scans from outside the client's Windows environment but not just on the file system like any app can, but on the system, software, and various user account registry hives as well. command line functionality for complete scripting... etc.

Now that's something I'd like to see someone attempt. I'm no programmer and I'm not that familiar with the Windows API, but I guarantee you it cannot that hard if I can personally do it with batch files utilizing simple reg.exe query routines and dumb removal for in do loops with defs I maintain myself. what a pain. Time for someone else to take the load off!

Just go easy on the licensing, I agree a 1 tech bench license not a per use client machine :D

Also, awesome to see you're accessible in your forums!

So far your software looks great, I will be further evaluating it for use professionally, when time permits, but so far it looks to be a great app with a surprising number of actually real detections that other scanners miss; but my own two eyes don't miss much, so without certain features, it's just a waste of time for my crew.

Home users though, I will say I haven't paid attention to it as a memory resident protection app yet (does it even have such a feature lol, I don't recall I disable all resident scanners on my TBC's without even thinking twice; but if it has a light footprint and I don't hear anything bad in the next month or so, I'd consider to start recommending it to my clients. So far so good, when I went searching for new apps last week I brought home your app and GData for A/V; there was a lot of skepticism at work especially over superantispyware ... (BTW the name really throws us off, as most of us are used to recognizing a reputable product by the way the name sounds) and this sounded like a spybot clone which may remove some malware, may just implant it's own advertising in it's place, and may intentionally detect false positives to instill fear or cause damage on removal. but we appear to be very wrong indeed, and people are starting to take notice of this.

keep up the good work! I hope it only gets better!