grandmere

Scan log logs

How do I i delete old clean logs? I have months and months of old logs . Is there an options to delete them at one time or do I have to delete them one by one? Thanks!

How do I i delete old clean logs? I have months and months of old logs . Is there an options to delete them at one time or do I have to delete them one by one? Thanks!

The available options are provided on the Preferences>Scan Logs tab.

There are 2 options.Keep detailed logs (recommended) and Save/Empty/Clean logs. . I unchecked :Save

Empty/clean logs (why would anyone want to save these?) but the first option recommended is: save logs .

my problem is all the old clean logs . I can only delete one at a time or did I miss something. I can only highlight one old log for deletion . I there another way to do this

faster. Thank you for replying. Grandmere

There are 2 options.Keep detailed logs (recommended) and Save/Empty/Clean logs. . I unchecked :Save

Empty/clean logs (why would anyone want to save these?) but the first option recommended is: save logs .

my problem is all the old clean logs . I can only delete one at a time or did I miss something. I can only highlight one old log for deletion . I there another way to do this

faster. Thank you for replying. Grandmere

Version 5.0 allows you to delete them in "bulk". People like to keep empty scan logs so they know when they have scanned their systems in the past.

Version 5.0 allows you to delete them in "bulk". People like to keep empty scan logs so they know when they have scanned their systems in the past.

I believe I have the latest paid version . I update almost daily . I was able to delete the logs in My C/drive . Problem solved

I believe I have the latest paid version . I update almost daily . I was able to delete the logs in My C/drive . Problem solved

Sorry, my mistake. I have VS 4.54 . where do I click to get 5, obviously it is not in the regular upgrade feature I noticed that there is an installer which can be downloaded at the end of updating which list the latest threats . Is this it? It does not say specifically update definition or signature. For a newbie like me it is not clear. I didn't see in the FAQ a ny explanation either . Please advise. Grandmere

Sorry, my mistake. I have VS 4.54 . where do I click to get 5, obviously it is not in the regular upgrade feature I noticed that there is an installer which can be downloaded at the end of updating which list the latest threats . Is this it? It does not say specifically update definition or signature. For a newbie like me it is not clear. I didn't see in the FAQ a ny explanation either . Please advise. Grandmere

SAS V5.0.1092 is a Pre-Release version and has not yet been officially released to the general public. It is a testing version. However, it is solid and works well. In my opinion it is safe to use. You can download it from the link below.

https://www.superantispyware.com/superantispyware5.html

- Your exisiting license works on new V5.0

- Uninstall V4.54 prior to installing V5.0

Thanks for the information . Will it be an automatic upgrade in the near future ? Is V5 a better scanner for Malware or or fsimply because SAS has been acquired by another Co. ? grandmere

Thanks for the information . Will it be an automatic upgrade in the near future ? Is V5 a better scanner for Malware or or fsimply because SAS has been acquired by another Co. ? grandmere

When V5.0 is officially released, V4.5+ will notify you that a new version is available and ask you if you want to upgrade. If you say "Yes", then you will be automatically upgraded.

As to "When" SAS V5.0 will be released, who knows?

There are many enhancements in V5.0. Read the info on the link below below.

https://www.superantispyware.com/superantispyware5.html

You have been great, patient and prompt. Thank you! . I looked at the new VS and it really is an improvement although I have been very satisfied with SAS .but Security always needs improving . Grandmere

Since the release of version 5, I found one thing I thought I should mention. It is not a problem with SAS, but it affects SAS. SAS ver 5.x has settings for managing the log files and those are good. To me, this is the preferred way that the log files should be controlled, i.e. by the software that creates them. However, if you use an a clean-up program such as CCleaner, you should be aware that, by default, SuperAntiSpyware is checked as a program for which CCleaner will remove the log files. If you want to allow SAS to manage its log files, you need to uncheck this in CCleaner's Applications panel. There may be other cleanup applications that will do something similar unless configured otherwise.

It was a minor issue for me, but I realized what was happening after noticing that the scan logs would disappear for no apparent reason. It was just my finger on the mouse that was responsible, so to speak.