SAS78

How to "get to know you better" with Adware.Tracking Cookies (their source origin)

As always, very happy with SAS and nothing to complain. Although this question is driven by pure curiosity, rather then alarming nature from some problems…

Nevertheless, I would like to hear some explanation that perhaps, might be of use to other SAS users as well. If I have missed something, please forgive me for I have really tried to find something like this while searching your topics.

Is there some more elaborate way for me to "link" so to speak, some data origin source from Tracking Cookies that SAS provides as result, after Scan is finished?

I’m certain, this is benign as most of the cookies are. But for example, I tend to always have in SAS’s findings this Tracking Cookie : www.higfi-stats.de

For life of me, I can’t find any reference on google about the same. Absolutely nothing, whether groups/sites/forums. So my question is :

How can SAS user (besides googling) find the source origin of one cookie? Specially, when the same is not mentioned anywhere in depths of web communities.

Thank you for your time and insights you might provide

As always, very happy with SAS and nothing to complain. Although this question is driven by pure curiosity, rather then alarming nature from some problems…

Nevertheless, I would like to hear some explanation that perhaps, might be of use to other SAS users as well. If I have missed something, please forgive me for I have really tried to find something like this while searching your topics.

Is there some more elaborate way for me to "link" so to speak, some data origin source from Tracking Cookies that SAS provides as result, after Scan is finished?

I’m certain, this is benign as most of the cookies are. But for example, I tend to always have in SAS’s findings this Tracking Cookie : www.higfi-stats.de

For life of me, I can’t find any reference on google about the same. Absolutely nothing, whether groups/sites/forums. So my question is :

How can SAS user (besides googling) find the source origin of one cookie? Specially, when the same is not mentioned anywhere in depths of web communities.

SAS will not show the origin of the cookie in question; only the directory.

We do not consider cookies to be threats of anywhere near the same level of severity as actual malware threats that can steal real personal information, serve ads, or render a computer unusable.

SUPERAntiSpyware will detect tracking cookies as "Adware.Tracking Cookies" and you can choose to remove them or leave them on your system. You may turn off this feature in the Preferences -> Scanning Control tab of SUPERAntiSpyware should you not wish cookies to be scanned, detected and removed.

SAS will not show the origin of the cookie in question; only the directory.

Thank you kindly for your swift response,

I'm aware of this quotation. But when you say "will not show the origin of the cookie" is there some concrete technical reason behing this decision? Lets say for the sake of science, that one whishes to find the source for one signle cookie? SAS is not showing as you say, so left on my own devices; how can I still find the origin of this cookie in question?

how can I still find the origin of this cookie in question?

There's no way to know for sure where a cookie originated from, only the site that created it. For example, with most advertising online, one site hosts an ad from another site that creates the cookie, so is the origin the site hosting the ad or the site hosting the content of the ad? Couple that with applications hosting ads like Yahoo or Windows Live Messenger, and tracking down where a cookie came from can be even more difficult. You could try closing all programs that might be hosting ads then open up a website and do a custom scan with only cookies selected between each navigate and you can see which site creates the cookies you are seeing.

Some insight as requested:

Focus on real life instead of mindless computer tweaks that result in NOTHING.