joe123

Very Happy

I am new as well and extremely satisfied with the product.

I don't understand why more don't know about it.

Help spread the word :) Word of mouth is the best promotion we can receive to help other people know about our products. We appreciate your compliments and support!

Hi Nick,

I am another happy user.

I have the impression that AVs and AS applications such as SAS are beginning to overlap more and more.

How would you compare SAS with an AV application regarding the range of detection and removal?

Regards,

Jerry

Hi Nick,

I am another happy user.

I have the impression that AVs and AS applications such as SAS are beginning to overlap more and more.

How would you compare SAS with an AV application regarding the range of detection and removal?

Regards,

Jerry

AV and AS are really quite different - we don't tackle removing viruses from within a file like an AV application does.

Hi Nick,

I am another happy user.

Regards,

Jerry

AV and AS are really quite different - we don't tackle removing viruses from within a file like an AV application does.

Thanks for the reply.

How about detection of viruses attempting to infect? Are the definitions not present, and so SAS concentrates on malware other than viruses or worms? I have the impression that SAS is good at detecton and removal of trojans.

Regards,

Jerry

Was that a too dumb question to answer?

Best,

Jerry

Jerry, no question is too "dumb" to answer - you have to give us a little time to respond - we field thousands of posts a day in addition to our tasks of developing the software and creating definitions :)

We don't focus on viruses - we catch some viruses, but you should always run a dedicate anti-virus application in addition an anti-spyware/malware application.

we field thousands of posts a day
Sure you do.

I am not sure what you mean by your post, can you clarify the "sure you do"?

Glad to do that.

I was being sarcastic when I said, "Sure you do".

Perhaps I should ask you to clarify what you mean by "field"?

Hi Nick,

I am another happy user.

Regards,

Jerry

Thanks for the reply.

How about detection of viruses attempting to infect? Are the definitions not present, and so SAS concentrates on malware other than viruses or worms? I have the impression that SAS is good at detecton and removal of trojans.

Regards,

Jerry

Hi Jerry.

Your impression is correct. In the last couple of years, antivirus manufacturers have begun to include spyware/adware definitions.

I've been a computer technician for many years, and a large part of work is removing malware. I've found that almost all malware is the result of Trojan Horses. A Trojan Horse is a program that claims to be legitimate, but is encoded with a "payload" that installs malicious code on your computer. This payload is usually adware/spyware. The Trojan Horse programs are usually from rogue antispyware applications, drive cleaners, registry cleaners, and peer to peer programs. Viruses (self replicating code) are actually quite rare when compared to adware/spyware as a result of Trojan Horses.

I've compared many antivirus and antispyware applications. SAS beats them all when it comes to Spyware/Adware, and is right up near the top when it comes to other forms of malware. I was so impressed with this product, that I became a reseller.

Hi Seth,

Thanks for the reply.

I know, from tests such as AV Comparatives, and some tests that Firefighter ran a couple or three years ago, that some AVs do not score well on trojans and other types of malware other than viruses.

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=58597

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=83323

Firefighter used Ewido, and a-squared, and some AVs made significant improvements. I have no yardstick to determine how SAS would compare, but suspect it would be at least as good as Ewido/AVG AS

As an aside, what is Script Malware?

Thanks,

Jerry