The security software I'm using is (and keeping):

1) avast! Free

2) Online Armor Firewall Free

3) MBAM Pro

The 2 options I'm considering are:

1) Spybot Search and Destroy (32bit) INSTALLED, RUNNING

2) SuperAntiSpyware Pro 5.0,0,1092 (64bit) INSTALLED, RUNNING

MY PC IS 64BIT

I installed SAS and immediately noticed a HUGE jump in the memory usage, from 1.3GB +/- to 2.3GB +/- (screen shot inc). Everything is quite hot and the fan is running full speed most of the time.

Is it normal for SAS to be so heavy on resources(1GB?).

2011-06-19_010040.jpg

I have been on the SBS&D Forums and lots of people complain about the "TeaTimer" (system settings protector) hog on resources, but as of yet, I haven't seen any usage as high as what I've seen with SAS (3X+?).

I have included a screen shot of my task manager, could someone help me understand the numbers and what is going on with the memory usage and which program (SBS&D or SAS) would be best for me?

2011-06-19_012847.jpg

Welcome to the SAS forum AU4U.

Virtually everyone who is familiar with antimalware programs will tell you that SAS is far superior to SB.

When idle, SAS should consume about 200K and around 180,000K when scanning. To rule out any corruption in SAS, I first suggest you uninstall and re-install. Use the SAS 64Bit uninstaller:

https://www.superantispyware.com/supportfaqdisplay.html?faq=47

Could also be that you have to many on access scanners scanning the same things all at the same time since you have Avast, SB, SAS Pro and MBAM Pro Therefore all of them fighting over it?

The tea timer of Spybot Search and Destroy, causes lot of problem and conflict with other programs. I recomend to uninstall Spybot Search and Destroy.

The tea timer of Spybot Search and Destroy, causes lot of problem and conflict with other programs. I recomend to uninstall Spybot Search and Destroy.

Better, I find is simply to disable teatimer. Spybot is still useful as an on demand scanner (including tracks), activeX killbits, etc (immunize) and also has a few useful tools, such as convenient (more so than msconfig) startup manager, secure shredder, etc.