SUPERAntiSpy

Support.com Acquires SUPERAntiSpyware

I wanted to post some exciting news about SUPERAntiSpyware. As the title says, we closed a deal to be acquired by Support.com. This is really great news for our team. We’ve fielded and turned down many offers in the past. This one though looked like, and is, a great fit. I am very excited about the future ahead! By joining with Support.com, we’ll be able to expand our research and distribution, among other benefits, which will bring SUPERAntiSpyware protection to even more people and increase our ability to fight malware. All the people on our team here in Eugene are joining Support.com as part of this deal. There will be things that change, but the one thing that will not change is our dedication to SUPERAntiSpyware, our customers, and to removing ALL the spyware, NOT just the easy ones!

-Nick Skrepetos, Founder, SUPERAntiSpyware

Same concerns as BelGaRath. What should we be telling our customers? What happens to the new tech license stuff that is/was on the horizon? I really hope this dosent destroy things. If so you will lose many customers. We need to hear more about why this is good for us more than how great it is for you and the team. Happy at this point with the information given? Not so much! Very concerned customer, but at this point still here for the ride.

William M. Miller

Lake George Tech

Edit: Looking at support.com. This is not looking so good. More information please.

Stated by Nick Skrepetos, Founder, SUPERAntiSpyware

Of course we will honor lifetime licenses and the free edition isn't going away - Support.com is a great company, with great people, that's the only reason this made sense!

You will see some exciting things ahead!

More info and help here @ Wilders

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=301468

Nick is a man of his word it will be ok ;)

More info and help here @ Wilders

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=301468

Nick is a man of his word it will be ok ;)

Thanks for the reply.

Questions:

Why is information being posted there instead of here? That makes Zero sense to me.

Why no email sent to tech license holders?

We need more information that we don’t have to search for.

Trouble is Nick didn’t say that here and Nick still hasn’t.

Why are we hearing from you instead of Nick?

Nick, please post this information on your own forums.

“It will be ok” Are you Obama by any chance?

If I seem irritated, it’s because I am.

I am not happy about this as of right now.

We need more information.

William M. Miller

Lake George Tech.

Thanks for the reply.

Questions:

Why is information being posted there instead of here? That makes Zero sense to me.

Why no email sent to tech license holders?

We need more information that we don’t have to search for.

Trouble is Nick didn’t say that here and Nick still hasn’t.

Why are we hearing from you instead of Nick?

Nick, please post this information on your own forums.

“It will be ok” Are you Obama by any chance?

If I seem irritated, it’s because I am.

I am not happy about this as of right now.

We need more information.

William M. Miller

Lake George Tech.

I did post here - we are fielding questions as they are posted. We of course will honor lifetime subscriptions - we, and Support.com are honest companies. There was no need to email tech license holders as nothing has changed! If something was going to change we of course would contact involved parties.

Congratulations Nick. I'm sure you were waiting for this moment for a long time :-)

Do you know if the forum will remain as is, and will support.com be providing "official" forum helpers?

Although I am always a bit suspicious when software changes owner, I do think that Nick has proven to be trustworthy over the years. I have confidence in the future of SAS and it seems that congratulations are indeed in order for Nick and the SAS team.

Although I am always a bit suspicious when software changes owner, I do think that Nick has proven to be trustworthy over the years. I have confidence in the future of SAS and it seems that congratulations are indeed in order for Nick and the SAS team.

Ditto to that- Good luck Nick and the SAS team

robin

I did post here - we are fielding questions as they are posted. We of course will honor lifetime subscriptions - we, and Support.com are honest companies. There was no need to email tech license holders as nothing has changed! If something was going to change we of course would contact involved parties.

Along with the 'guarantee' on the lifetime subscription, do you have any plans on ever shipping my CD as per 'support ticket' CSR00069492 or do you intend to follow support.com's record of telling me to pound sand or pay 'shipping & handling' for services not delivered.

While your product worked well and I wrote MS complimenting their suggestion, I am disgusted with your company's total disregard for prompt courteous and reliable customer service.

Along with the 'guarantee' on the lifetime subscription, do you have any plans on ever shipping my CD as per 'support ticket' CSR00069492 or do you intend to follow support.com's record of telling me to pound sand or pay 'shipping & handling' for services not delivered.

While your product worked well and I wrote MS complimenting their suggestion, I am disgusted with your company's total disregard for prompt courteous and reliable customer service.

It appears that we had let you know that a replacement CD would be shipped to you FREE of charge at the next possible shipment. We also replied to your tickets within a few hours of your opening the ticket. Please let us know if you have any further concerns. We can address them within your private ticket that is currnetly open.

Do to your change of ownership, my brother and I have removed the links to your software from each of our company websites.

We are NOT sending our business to Support.com as they provide the same services as we do !

I recommend all other computer service and repair companies do the same.

Congratulations Nick and good luck to all at SAS.

However, I'd like to know what will happen to those of us who use the free version of SAS. Will it still be available to us? If so, would that be for the long term?

Thanks,

Madeline

@ Nick, or anyone else at SAS:

Please see my post #14 above. May I have an answer to my question here or should I post it separately?

Thanks,

Madeline

@ Nick, or anyone else at SAS:

Please see my post #14 above. May I have an answer to my question here or should I post it separately?

Thanks,

Madeline

"Of course we will honor lifetime licenses and the free edition isn't going away - Support.com is a great company, with great people...."

The FREE Edition will remain available and you may continue to use it!

Do to your change of ownership, my brother and I have removed the links to your software from each of our company websites.

We are NOT sending our business to Support.com as they provide the same services as we do !

I recommend all other computer service and repair companies do the same.

I disagree. I am a computer service and repair company and I am still going to sell Superantispyware to all my clients.

Just because support.com bought superantispyware.com doesn't mean anything. Nick did tell us most everything will stay the same. Lifetime subscritpions will be honored, the free version is staying and it seems to me by reading about this new company is their primary business is support. Nick is still staying with the company as well as his existing staff. It seems to me that support will increase in size since superantispyware has grown to the point that they need the help to keep making one of the best antispyware softwares out on the market today.

I think you are mixing apples and organges here. Superantispyware free/pro is a software product. Yes they have a support team for their product but they are not a computer service or a repair company. You as a computer service company provide and recommend a product to your customers. You are not asking Support.com to service your computers or repair them, you would be asking support.com to help you help a client if Superantispyware Pro had a problem and you as the repair company could not help your client to fix it and had to contact the program manufacturer.

Being the case, since i think Superantispyware is one of the best products out there I still will be selling it to all my clients and i will still be presenting and showing the program to all the seminars i do. Unil I see anything different, which I have not as of yet, this is how I stand.

robin

I disagree. I am a computer service and repair company and I am still going to sell Superantispyware to all my clients.

<snip>

I like the way you put it and that you don't get hysterical. Way to go Robin! :-)

I like the way you put it and that you don't get hysterical. Way to go Robin! :-)

Hysterical? not me, and thank you for your answer :)

I was just stating a point.

robin

It appears that we had let you know that a replacement CD would be shipped to you FREE of charge at the next possible shipment. We also replied to your tickets within a few hours of your opening the ticket. Please let us know if you have any further concerns. We can address them within your private ticket that is currnetly open.

Read the private ticket and you will note that you have said you shipped the CD three times and promised to ship it again on Tuesday, July 5, 2011. I PAID for the CD so don't tell me you're shipping it free.

Please also note in the record that your representatives place replies at the bottom of your Q and is an excuse to further delay.

Simple question: DID YOU SHIP THE CD ON TUESDAY, JULY 5TH AS STATED?

Read the private ticket and you will note that you have said you shipped the CD three times and promised to ship it again on Tuesday, July 5, 2011. I PAID for the CD so don't tell me you're shipping it free.

Please also note in the record that your representatives place replies at the bottom of your Q and is an excuse to further delay.

Simple question: DID YOU SHIP THE CD ON TUESDAY, JULY 5TH AS STATED?

As you have a ticket open; please inquire in that ticket. Referring to the ticket; we responded that we did in fact ship the CD. In respect and with all due respect lets try to keep this thread pertaining to strictly questions or comments regarding the support.com aquisition.

Thank you!

In respect and with all due respect lets try to keep this thread pertaining to strictly questions or comments regarding the support.com aquisition.

Thank you!

Support.com has a worse reputation than you do and have already advised that they have no intention of honoring your agreements.

Their lack of due diligence in regard to the purchase has been reported to NASDAQ and the SEC.

You're welcome!!

"Of course we will honor lifetime licenses and the free edition isn't going away - Support.com is a great company, with great people...."

The FREE Edition will remain available and you may continue to use it!

Thank you very much, that's good to know. Sorry I didn't reply earlier; unfortunately I was unable to get here yesterday.

Madeline :-)

Support.com has a worse reputation than you do and have already advised that they have no intention of honoring your agreements.

Their lack of due diligence in regard to the purchase has been reported to NASDAQ and the SEC.

You're welcome!!

that is very strange because when a company is sold to another there are terms and conditions in the contract. Since Nick did say existing lifetime subscriptions would still be honored and this was part of their contractorial agreement when the company was sold, support.com HAS to honor the agreement or they would be suied by the original owners of Superantispyware.

Nick is not a liar and in my opinion I have never seen him lie on here to anyone.

Whoever told you this at support.com really doesn't know what he/she is talking about.

Also give Nick a break here. When a company is sold things just do not happen overnight. There is lots of paper work involved and transistions to be made and that takes time.

robin

robin

Since Nick did say existing lifetime subscriptions would still be honored and this was part of their contractorial agreement when the company was sold, support.com HAS to honor the agreement or they would be suied by the original owners of Superantispyware.

Nick is not a liar and in my opinion I have never seen him lie on here to anyone.

Whoever told you this at support.com really doesn't know what he/she is talking about.

Also give Nick a break here. When a company is sold things just do not happen overnight. There is lots of paper work involved and transistions to be made and that takes time.

robin

robin

Probably very unlikely considering the amount of money involved, Superantispyware was sold for around $8.5 million and had 2010 revenues of approximately $2.5 million!

Times are very tough for very small companies like SAS (less than 10 employees) and i imagine Nick and whom ever he has to share those $8.5 million are not unhappy with this deal no matter if Support.com honors any intentions in the long run, i doubt very much there is a firm written contact saying there will always be a free version this would be suicide as you cannot predict the future. The lifetime license is easy to circumvent with a new product and fazing out the old.

But i agree why not see what happens instead of bashing or defenses of persons we simply do not know even if we feel we do. :)