Sign in to follow this  
asianblade2000

Updating SuperAntiSpyware Causes Windows shutdown

I had installed the SuperAntiSpyware free version program a while ago and it did it's job and beyond. The other day, it had asked whether or not I wanted to update the program and I had pressed update. The Program went into update mode, proceded into 1% of the update when the computer screen switched to shut down mode.

I thought something was wrong and when I turned on my computer (Windows XP), it took me to the log in screen as it usually does but that's all it did. I typed in my personal password and the computer didn't recognize it. I tried a couple more times and still it doesn't work. I restarted the computer and tried to enter to safe mode only to be sent back into the log in screen. I was given no safe mode option.

This has never happened before till I had tried updating the SuperAntiSpyware prgram.

Does anyone know whether or not the program is the problem and if so is it possible to uninstall it in anyway while finding a way to log back into my computer?

I had installed the SuperAntiSpyware free version program a while ago and it did it's job and beyond. The other day, it had asked whether or not I wanted to update the program and I had pressed update. The Program went into update mode, proceded into 1% of the update when the computer screen switched to shut down mode.

I thought something was wrong and when I turned on my computer (Windows XP), it took me to the log in screen as it usually does but that's all it did. I typed in my personal password and the computer didn't recognize it. I tried a couple more times and still it doesn't work. I restarted the computer and tried to enter to safe mode only to be sent back into the log in screen. I was given no safe mode option.

This has never happened before till I had tried updating the SuperAntiSpyware prgram.

Does anyone know whether or not the program is the problem and if so is it possible to uninstall it in anyway while finding a way to log back into my computer?

The updater itself could not cause a shutdown...What version of SUPERAntiSpyware are you running? It(SUPERAntiSpyware) also cannot cause a safe mode option to be removed from the safe mode boot menu..Were you able to restore?