Sign in to follow this  
SamsBook

Detect the Malware Protection Rogue Spyware

Hi All,

I wasn't sure where to post this, so let me know if there's a better place...

I'd like to have the "Malware Protection" malware added to the SUPERAntiSpyware database.

http://deletemalware.blogspot.com/2011/05/how-to-remove-malware-protection.html

I have always used the SUPERAntiSpyware portable version on clients' PC's that have become infected and are not able to connect to the internet. Recently, a client's PC became infected with the "Malware Protection" rogue spyware. I had him use a different PC to download the latest version of Portable SUPERAntiSpyware and the updates to a flash drive and use that (while booted in safe mode) to remove the rogue software. I was disappointed when SUPERAntispyware did not detect this.

The malware is composed of registry entries, a shortcut on the desktop, and a file placed in the user's AppData (bitdefender.exe). I was able to clean this out myself using the System Restore to get rid of the registry entries and manually deleting the files from the desktop and AppData. But, it would be nice if SUPERAntiSpyware could have done it for the client when he ran it. So, I was wondering if the SUPERAntiSpyware database could be updated to at least recognize this malware.

Thanks.