Sign in to follow this  
throkr

Missed scheduled scans

Hello,

Currently running version 5.0.1090 on Win7 Pro SP1x64, I've configured several scheduled scans with task option "Run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start was missed" enabled. Now, every time a scheduled scan is missed, a little window pops up (stating that a scheduled scan was missed) with the option "Scan now".

My question concerns this "Scan now" option : clicking on it does it automatically start a scan in background or is it just supposed to be a reminder, meaning that after clicking on the "Scan now" button, I'll have to start the scan myself ?

I'm asking this because I had this situation for the first time today, clicked on "Scan now" but couldn't find any log afterwoods concerning this scan. So I started a scan manually.

Thanks for your assistance ! :)

Questions concerning V5.0 Pre-Release should be posted down in the SUPERAntiSpyware Pre-Release 5.00 (32-bit and 64-bit) section of the forum.

https://forums.superantispyware.com/index.php?/forum/55-superantispyware-pre-release-500-32-bit-and-64-bit/

When you click on "Scan Now", the missed scan should start and run to completion. A scan log should be available after completion of the scan.

You can test this by using the Task Manager after clicking on Scan Now. SuperAntiSpyware.exe in memory should be showing continuous CPU utilization indicating that it scanning.

Another way to view(test) it is to uncheck "Do Not show the user interface while performing this task" in the Scan configuration settings. That will allow the scan GUI to appear once the scan starts so that you can view the scan progress.

Edit: I just retested this on Win 7 SP1 x64 Professional and Win 7 SP1 x86 Professional with SAS V5.0.1090 and it works as designed on my systems. :rolleyes:

Hello,

Thanks for the detailed infos (& for the tests). I had the situation today again and everything worked fine this time. :)

Sorry about posting in the wrong section ... :oops: