Sign in to follow this  
windyctprog

False Positive with Microsoft Security Essentials During SAS Scan

For the past 3 weeks, everytime I run SAS, Microsoft Security Essentials pops up about 2 minutes into the SAS scan and tells me it has identified the following trojan:

TrojanDownloader:Java/OpenConnection.NC

This only occurs during the SAS scan. I run MSE first in my weekly clean up sequence and this trojan is not identified - MSE only identifies this trojan during the SAS scan.

False positive?

I have never had a conflict between SAS and MSE until 3 weeks ago.

Now, it happens everytime I run SAS - MSE only identifies the trojan during the SAS scan.

I have run PREVX, Malwarebytes, Housecall, Kapersky, Panda, Microsoft Malicious Removal Tool, et al - nothing ever comes up, literally nothing.

Suggestions?

Should I post this in another part of the forum, as well?

Thanks.

For the past 3 weeks, everytime I run SAS, Microsoft Security Essentials pops up about 2 minutes into the SAS scan and tells me it has identified the following trojan:

TrojanDownloader:Java/OpenConnection.NC

This only occurs during the SAS scan. I run MSE first in my weekly clean up sequence and this trojan is not identified - MSE only identifies this trojan during the SAS scan.

False positive?

I have never had a conflict between SAS and MSE until 3 weeks ago.

Now, it happens everytime I run SAS - MSE only identifies the trojan during the SAS scan.

I have run PREVX, Malwarebytes, Housecall, Kapersky, Panda, Microsoft Malicious Removal Tool, et al - nothing ever comes up, literally nothing.

Suggestions?

Should I post this in another part of the forum, as well?

Thanks.

Here is some information that may be helpful

Trojan Downloader

Also, there was a Java update a couple of days ago or so. You might to check and see if your Java has been updated to the current version.

Sorry, but I can't help you beyond this.

Here is some information that may be helpful

Trojan Downloader

Also, there was a Java update a couple of days ago or so. You might to check and see if your Java has been updated to the current version.

Sorry, but I can't help you beyond this.

The link for 'Trojan Downloader' given above doesn't work; try the following one:

Trojan Downloader

Madeline