Sign in to follow this  
Asrial

SUPERAntiSpyware Startup Pattern

When SUPERAntiSpyware starts up it wants to check for updates. This is fine, but on a really slow connection it won't do anything until that update check/installation is finished.

Basically, I'm stuck there with the SUPERAntiSpyware logo on the screen. I can't access anything with the program, and the splash screen won't go away until things are finished (on a really slow connection this took a couple of minutes). Further, I didn't know it was trying to update the software until I went looking at running processes and saw an update process.

My suggestions...

1) The splash screen needs to go away.

2) There needs to be an indication of update progress.

Until I discovered this I thought the program was having issues starting and so I closed it a number of times until I finally just let it sit there for a few minutes.

Thoughts?

you can turn off splash screen from the preference, and also you can turn off automatic update on system startup from same window "preferences"

best regards,

Hello Asrial,

In version 5, under "Preferences" : untick "Show splash screen on startup" and "Check for updates before scanning on startup". And more : in this version, the systray icon is showing when updates are downloaded & installed.

'Hope this helps ... :)

By the splash screen going away I meant that there needs to be an option for a hard timer.

I like that it pops up so my customer's see it and get piece of mind about their security, but I don't want it to stay there during the entire update process.

However, I should have looked at the preferences more. Turning off the startup update check is sufficient for my needs.

..and good to hear about version 5 with the visual clue :)