JO_Raptor

Trojan Agent/Gen-Zbot

Is Trojan Agent/Gen-Zbot a false Positive? I have done every thing I can think of. I have ran this program 5 times now, updates are up to date I scan pc again and it keeps coming up, I have lost my mind please advise what to do...

Thank You

JO_Raptor :blink:

Welcome to the SAS forum.

Submit the file to VirusTotal:

http://www.virustotal.com/

Hello and thank you, I went there ran it and it comes up the name of the trojan agent/gen-zbot but it does not tell me if it is or is not. I run allmy other virus programs and nothing showing. The only one that does is SAS and it wont remove it, please advise...

Thank You

JO_Raptor

Hello and thank you, I went there ran it and it comes up the name of the trojan agent/gen-zbot but it does not tell me if it is or is not. I run allmy other virus programs and nothing showing. The only one that does is SAS and it wont remove it, please advise...

Thank You

JO_Raptor

Did virus total come up with the results of other antispyware/virus programs detections? Please run a complete scan in safe mode to help remove the infection.

Did virus total come up with the results of other antispyware/virus programs detections? Please run a complete scan in safe mode to help remove the infection.

Hello and thx for a fast reply. Yes it did the name as follows: PAK_Generic.001 I am going to run is safe mode I have done that before and SAS does not find it and other virus programs aswell and still can not find it,ok I just ran SAS in safe mode and it found nothing but when I run on normal PC boot up then it finds it please advise...

Thank you

JO_Raptor

VirusTotal scans files using 42 different antimalware programs. How many of those antimalware programs identified the file as an infection?

VirusTotal scans files using 42 different antimalware programs. How many of those antimalware programs identified the file as an infection?

Thanks again for a fast reply. Ok out of thoses 42 different programs 3 found it SAS,TrendMicro and TrendMicro-HouseCall, please advise...

Thank you

JO_Raptor

You're welcome.

With that info, there's about a 99% chance that the file is indeed a false positive. Please see here: https://www.superantispyware.com/supportfaqdisplay.html?faq=28

Seth I would like to thank you for your help. I will do as you said in the above post, Sir if it is a virus will they get it fixed so it will be able to be removed? Sir as you said above that you are 99% sure that it is a false positive so I trust your jugement 100%.

Sir one more thing when I run SAS like I all ways do 2 times a week will that false positive all ways be there and I should just ingnore it and just keep putting it in the quaritine folder, also is it ok to delete the items that are quarintined, please advise.

Once again thank you very much for your help...

JO_Raptor :D

You're welcome.

Whether or not the file is an infection (unlikely), or a false positive, SAS will alter the definition files to either remove it, or ignore it. In the mean time, you can ignore it.

As far as the frequency of scans go, I usually suggest a quick scan once a week, and a complete scan once a month.If anything is quarantined, leave it in quarantine for a couple of weeks just in case a legitimate file was quarantined. That's not just for SAS, but any antimalware program.

This could be a variation of the following but best to have SAS check it.

Summary

PWS:Win32/Zbot.gen!AA is a password stealing trojan. Win32/Zbot also contains backdoor functionality that allows unauthorized access and control of an affected machine.

more on link

My link