Sign in to follow this  
dgpile

SuperAntiSpyware Pro 4.53,0.1000 Hangs On Shutdown

After the last EXE update more often than not Windows hangs after displaying SuperAntiSpyware as the application that is preventing a shutdown. Perhaps 1/3 of the time this occurs I wait and the system continues on and shuts down. More often the system remains in this state unless I select Cancel at which time I initiate another shutdown and the laptop completes the shutdown without further messages.

Task Manager shows no other apps running at the time. Actually, it shows no apps running so SAS Core Service appears to be the only active source of the hang up.

I have uninstalled, reinstalled without substantial difference.

Anyone else see this behavior?

Thanks,

Jester

Hi, just to let you know I have the same problem, my laptop was just wiped and a clean version of Vista 64 with all updates installed. I just downloaded and installed the latest version of SuperAntiSpyware. My only work around is to exit the program to have a clean shutdown.

After the last EXE update more often than not Windows hangs after displaying SuperAntiSpyware as the application that is preventing a shutdown. Perhaps 1/3 of the time this occurs I wait and the system continues on and shuts down. More often the system remains in this state unless I select Cancel at which time I initiate another shutdown and the laptop completes the shutdown without further messages.

Task Manager shows no other apps running at the time. Actually, it shows no apps running so SAS Core Service appears to be the only active source of the hang up.

I have uninstalled, reinstalled without substantial difference.

Anyone else see this behavior?

Thanks,

Jester

Please update to version 4.55; you may need to reinstall to do so.

Let us know what happens :)

Same result. I keep getting told that "SuperAntispywar" (either Vista 64 bit Home Premium truncates the program name on the shutdown screen or there is a typo) is running and do I want to continue or cancel.

Like the earlier poster I have to manually exit your application prior to a shutdown or else force the shutdown when I get the OS shutdown message about running programs.

dgpile

Same result. I keep getting told that "SuperAntispywar" (either Vista 64 bit Home Premium truncates the program name on the shutdown screen or there is a typo) is running and do I want to continue or cancel.

Like the earlier poster I have to manually exit your application prior to a shutdown or else force the shutdown when I get the OS shutdown message about running programs.

dgpile

Please give version 5.0 (located in the pre-release forum) a try and see if you encounter the same issue.

Please give version 5.0 (located in the pre-release forum) a try and see if you encounter the same issue.

The following quote was a response to your earlier suggestion to install version 5.

"Same result. I keep getting told that "SuperAntispywar" (either Vista 64 bit Home Premium truncates the program name on the shutdown screen or there is a typo) is running and do I want to continue or cancel.

Like the earlier poster I have to manually exit your application prior to a shutdown or else force the shutdown when I get the OS shutdown message about running programs."

So when I wrote the above it was to tell you that version 5 behaves no differently and I have to manually shutdown Superantispyware before shutting down Windows OR I have to tell Windows to shutdown despite the warning notice telling me that Superantispyware is preventing a proper windows shutdown.

Please post the results of your ongoing research into this issue.

dgpile

No.

Uncheck it and see if that allows the system to shutdown normally.

Also ensure that your V5 is V5.0.1104 which is the latest pre-release version.

Uncheck it and see if that allows the system to shutdown normally.

Also ensure that your V5 is V5.0.1104 which is the latest pre-release version.

I answered backwards. No, there is no check mark for scan at shutdown.

I am uninstalling and reinstalling 5.0.1104 and will test through the day.

I answered backwards. No, there is no check mark for scan at shutdown.

I am uninstalling and reinstalling 5.0.1104 and will test through the day.

Version 5.0.1104 is shutting down normally, both when a "restart" or a "shutdown" is selected.

Thanks,

dgpile

That's good news!

Since installing the pre-release version 5.x my machine has shutdown each time, no issues.

As a reminder, I'm running Vista Home Premium 64 bit.

Jester