johnbald1

Program hangs on startup

I have a windows 7 Premium 64 bit system, 8gb DDR2 RAM Gateway X6100, CPU Type QuadCore Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200, 2333 MHz (7 x 333)640gb HD 420gb free and three other external HD's. I use Avira anti virus Premium, Comodo firewall, spyware blaster, and malwarebytes security programs along with Superantisypware Professional edition Version 4.50 1002.

When I first turn on my computer the Superantispyware splash screen will often hang and just sit there, the blue box text message to continue which is on the right bottom portion of the screen will not shut off either by clicking on it. I have to right click and shut the program down through windows non-response. Once it is shutdown I go to the program menu and click it back on and the second time around works just fine. This happens every time on startup. This is the only program that has any issues.

Any known remedy would be appreciated.

The first thing you should do is update to the latest version 4.53.1000 of SAS.

Because you are having a problem, I recommend that you first uninstall SAS using the SAS Uninstaller Assistant from the link below.

https://forums.superantispyware.com/index.php?/topic/1344-superantispyware-uninstallation-assistant/

Then download the latest version of SAS from the link below and install it.

https://www.superantispyware.com

I did note I had and older version but I expected the download to give me the auto update, and it only gave me the latest definitions. I will do the famous uninstall reinstall.

Thanks for the assist.

I did the uninstall using the program you attached and all worked well for uninstall reinstall to latest version, however upon start up this morning splash screen stayed frozen and program did not load. I turned it off and than restarted and it worked just fine.

I am thinking of doing some program checks to see what is the culprit for creating this situation, so I will shutdown my security programs one at a time to see if there is a conflict with one till I find which one may be the problem if I am lucky that is.

Perhaps SAS is hanging on trying to update immediately on system startup. For a test, go to the Preferences>Update tab and uncheck the option to update on SAS startup.