DraKuL

Questions Regarding SAS 5 prerelease

Hi I have a few questions regarding SAS 5 prerelease. First of all I have the full license for SAS 4.5, can I use the same key to register with SAS 5 ? And the other question is should I uninstall SAS 4.5 before installing the prerelease or is it safe to install it over the existing version?

Thanks

Note - I accidently posted in the wrong section - SAB 5 prerelease section. Sorry about that. :)

Hi I have a few questions regarding SAS 5 prerelease. First of all I have the full license for SAS 4.5, can I use the same key to register with SAS 5 ? And the other question is should I uninstall SAS 4.5 before installing the prerelease or is it safe to install it over the existing version?

Thanks

Note - I accidently posted in the wrong section - SAB 5 prerelease section. Sorry about that. :)

Yes, your license works on V5.0.

Yes, you should uninstall V4.5 prior to installing V5.0 pre-release. Use the SAS Uninstaller Assistant to uninstall it so that everything is removed.

https://forums.superantispyware.com/index.php?/topic/1344-superantispyware-uninstallation-assistant/

Note: When you download the SAS V5.0 Pre-Release, it will be V5.0.1078. Run the LiveUpdate and it will update to V5.0.1086 which is the latest build.

I have a question regarding the license

I just purchased a one computer license for the Pro-Version with a lifetime license for $19.90. Installed 5.0 Beta and the Pro-Version is working fine.

I have another license for the Pro-Version good for two computers which I purchased in Feb 2011.

I uninstalled 4.5x and then I installed the 5.0 Beta from the download on your website. The installation process asked me for a license number in order to enable the Pro-Version. So I entered the license number in 5.0 Beta on both computers and the Pro-Version of 5.0 Beta on both computers is working fine.

However, I noticed in the Beta version when you go to "Preferences"----"Help" it shows my "Registration Number" correctly but there is no "Expiration Date" below, above or alongside the Registration Number.

Since I did not see an "Expiration Date" I contacted Customer Service to find out what the current status of my Pro-License is on the two computers that I am now using 5.0 Beta on.

They responding by providing me with link to buy another license for two more computers this one with a lifetime license for $39.90.

My second question is actually several questions.

Will my current license be good for the RTW version of 5.x if that release comes out before my license expires in Feb 2012?

If the answer is yes that what happens in Feb 2012 to my license for two computers if there is no longer an expiration date by the Registration Number?

Is the omittance of the "Expiration Date" in the Pro-Version of 5.0 Beta an oversight and it will be added in a future update? Or do I now have a lifetime license for those two computers?

Thanks

Since I did not see an "Expiration Date" I contacted Customer Service to find out what the current status of my Pro-License is on the two computers that I am now using 5.0 Beta on.

They responding by providing me with link to buy another license for two more computers this one with a lifetime license for $39.90.

Sounds like one of our customer service guys misunderstood your question, sorry about that.

Will my current license be good for the RTW version of 5.x if that release comes out before my license expires in Feb 2012?

SUPERAntiSpyware 5.0 will be released before Feb 2012, I promise! To answer your question, all program updates are included during active subscription periods.

Is the omittance of the "Expiration Date" in the Pro-Version of 5.0 Beta an oversight and it will be added in a future update? Or do I now have a lifetime license for those two computers?

One of the interface changes to 5.0 was to eliminate as much unimportant information as possible for an easy/clean layout. When a subscription is nearing expiration, the text will appear on the main screen under the bold text SUPERAntiSpyware Professional. If the subscription is lifetime, the text under SUPERAntiSpyware Professional will read LIFETIME Subscription.

Hope that helps!

- Dave