computertooter

System.BrokenFileAssociation. False Positive?

How it's running now?

Your Java and Flash player are outdated remove them and download new versions

add and remove programs has java 6 update 14 97.46 MB ..can I just remove it from there ..when I ran a file and folder search I noticed alot of files..so I was wondering if that is a good way to remove it...and flash player I can only find it by running file and folder search at all...so how should I proceed with removing them and download new versions ...and where should i download them after removed

it took 3 tries to install Java first two times it couldn't find the file to install it into so i rebooted and then tried again then it worked

now do i remove both adobe flasher player 10 plug in and

adobe flasher player 10 active

flash player plug in ...installed in control panel automatically with its own icon there...is that right?

I also was wondering if windows firewall was set up correctly with the current setting that it has I do'nt no much about it but this is what there is now: in exceptions things checked are acrobat.com, avg try icon, avg user interface, Java platform SE Binary, Malwarebytes, Norton Removal tool, Remote Assistance

Advanced setting are: network connection That are check are: broadband, local area, local area 4, MSN, Verizon wireless vz access,wireless network connection 2

Log settings nothing is checked

Icmp settings are All Items checked : allow incoming echo,incoming timestamp,incoming mask,incoming router,outgoing destination unreachable, outgoing source quech,outgoing parameter problem,outgoing time exceeded,redirect,outgoing packet too big

I ask if these is right cause I am not sure . and last night while checking this site for reply I got a pop up screen that foxfire update..you highly recommend you update for security reasons ..i taught that it didn't look right so I didn't click on anything,and because mozilla foxfire auto updates so cleared history in mozilla and ran a disk cleanup and deleted temp internet files then ran scans right away on avast first then sas and then mbam all was clean..later I did a google search about such a virus .foxfire update virus ...and in mozilla firefox forums there was a bunch of people there hit with virus...but why didn't windows firewall or avast block it just curious if my setting was ok...or if I need another firewall as well or what to do to keep these things from getting through? Other than stay of the internet..lol. Thank goodness that one didnt get me. and how did every thing else look ?