Sign in to follow this  
stkarim13

superantispyware 5.0

hello I was wondering there was rumers that superantispyware 5.0 will have a antivirus engine on it is it true?

SUPERAntiSpyware does not have AntiVirus capability at this time. Strictly speaking, SUPERAntiSpyware is not designed to be antivirus software. We target spyware, adware, worms, trojan horses, rootkits, and crimeware, a focus that allows us to respond quickly to the ever-growing groups of hostile software we address, with new definitions released multiple times a day, and concentrate on the technology that targets the most common threats in the wild. There are a lot of things that are often called viruses (many trojans, worms, and so on) that SUPERAntiSpyware will remove, but it won't remove many true viruses or boot-sector viruses.

SUPERAntiSpyware has been designed to be compatible with popular antivirus and antispyware applications such as ESET NOD32, Spybot Search and Destroy, AdAware, GriSoft AVG, McAfee, Norton, Symantec, Kaspersky, Webroot, PCTools, Malwarebytes, Avast, Avira, and more.

Are we to understand that it is ok to run both MBAM with real-time protection and SAS with real-time protection simultaneously without conflict?

That's what I'm doing (they are NOT antiviruses !) and never had the slightest problem or conflict; of course, I never schedule scans at the same time and have set scan exclusions for each other ... <_<

Hope this helps ...