nrs

Falls Positives in DLLs

I've checked all of these with the latest Symantec Antivirus and Spybot, and most of them with these online virus scanners: http://www.virustotal.com and http://virusscan.jotti.org/en.

They look like false positives to me. In most cases, SuperAntispyware under virustotal didn't find anything either! One exception:

File name: idPublic.dll

Submission date: 2011-05-03 16:49:26 (UTC)

Current status: finished

Result: 1 /42 (2.4%)

SUPERAntiSpyware 4.40.0.1006 2011.05.03 Trojan.Agent/Gen-Bancos

But nothing else found anything in that scan.

Here's the log, with all the likely false positives.

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log

https://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 05/03/2011 at 10:51 AM

Application Version : 4.51.1000

Core Rules Database Version : 6978

Trace Rules Database Version: 4790

Scan type : Quick Scan

Total Scan Time : 01:19:45

Memory items scanned : 786

Memory threats detected : 0

Registry items scanned : 2915

Registry threats detected : 0

File items scanned : 116359

File threats detected : 41

Adware.Tracking Cookie

C:\Users\nrshapiro\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\nrshapiro@pointroll[2].txt

C:\Users\nrshapiro\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\nrshapiro@imrworldwide[2].txt

cdn.media.abc.com [ C:\Users\nrshapiro\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\GAB6FC2F ]

ia.media-imdb.com [ C:\Users\nrshapiro\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\GAB6FC2F ]

ictv-ic-ec.indieclicktv.com [ C:\Users\nrshapiro\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\GAB6FC2F ]

media.mtvnservices.com [ C:\Users\nrshapiro\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\GAB6FC2F ]

media.oprah.com [ C:\Users\nrshapiro\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\GAB6FC2F ]

media.scanscout.com [ C:\Users\nrshapiro\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\GAB6FC2F ]

media.washingtonpost.com [ C:\Users\nrshapiro\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\GAB6FC2F ]

media10.washingtonpost.com [ C:\Users\nrshapiro\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\GAB6FC2F ]

msnbcmedia.msn.com [ C:\Users\nrshapiro\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\GAB6FC2F ]

polltracker.talkingpointsmemo.com [ C:\Users\nrshapiro\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\GAB6FC2F ]

secure-uk.imrworldwide.com [ C:\Users\nrshapiro\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\GAB6FC2F ]

secure-us.imrworldwide.com [ C:\Users\nrshapiro\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\GAB6FC2F ]

www.royalmediamarketing.com [ C:\Users\nrshapiro\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\GAB6FC2F ]

Trojan.Vundo-Variant/F

C:\WIN32APP\ADOBE\ILLUSTRATOR 8.0\PLUG-INS\ILLUSTRATOR FORMATS - ADDITIONAL\IMSTYPE.DLL

C:\WIN32APP\ADOBE\ILLUSTRATOR 8.0\PLUG-INS\TEXT FILE FORMATS\W001F32W.DLL

C:\WIN32APP\AXIALISICONWORKSHOP\AXSTDCTL.DLL

C:\WIN32APP\BENCH\AIDA32\AIDA_DIRECTX.DLL

C:\WIN32APP\CW32\AWK\AWK.DLL

C:\WIN32APP\CW32\PYTHON.DLL

C:\WIN32APP\ECCO\ECVBDDE.DLL

C:\WIN32APP\EXPENSABLE\QEXTB.DLL

C:\WIN32APP\EXPENSABLE\TWSCAN32.DLL

C:\WIN32APP\FTW\EREG\SYSINFONT.DLL

C:\WIN32APP\FTW\FTWONL32.DLL

C:\WIN32APP\ILLUSTRATOR 8.0\PLUG-INS\ILLUSTRATOR FORMATS - ADDITIONAL\IMSTYPE.DLL

C:\WIN32APP\ILLUSTRATOR 8.0\PLUG-INS\TEXT FILE FORMATS\W001F32W.DLL

C:\WIN32APP\MEMORIESONTV3\BURN\BURNNERO.DLL

C:\WIN32APP\MEMORIESONTV3\EXPORT\EXPORT.DLL

C:\WIN32APP\MEMORIESONTV3\PLUGINS\EFFECTMULT.DLL

C:\WIN32APP\MEMORIESONTV3\PLUGINS\EFFECTTEXT.DLL

C:\WIN32APP\PKFED\GATC.DLL

C:\WIN32APP\PKFED\NORAND.DLL

C:\WIN32APP\PKFED\STANDARD.DLL

C:\WIN32APP\POWERDESK5\PDRAR.DLL

C:\WIN32APP\PSPAD EDITOR\PLUGINS\FILETYPE\ZTEXT.DLL

C:\WIN32APP\QUICKEN2006\INETTOOLS.DLL

C:\WIN32APP\WHEREISIT\PLUGINS\DESCMOVIES.DLL

C:\WIN32APP\WHEREISIT\PLUGINS\GEOSPLUGIN.DLL

Trojan.Agent/Gen-Bancos

C:\WIN32APP\IDIMAGER\IDPUBLIC.DLL

Your definitions are a bit behind; please update them as soon as possible for your security! Also in reference to the false positive; please submit a support ticket so we may take a closer look at the problem.

To Create A Support Ticket:

https://www.superantispyware.com/csrcreateticket.html

Ok, I updated them, and the false positives were still there. I did file a report, but realize in retrospect that I didn't attach any of the files that were checked. Does it attach sample files if you file a report directly from Superantispyware?

Ok, I updated them, and the false positives were still there. I did file a report, but realize in retrospect that I didn't attach any of the files that were checked. Does it attach sample files if you file a report directly from Superantispyware?

Once submitted; our support team will work with the development team to find a remedy or reply to you with instructions on the files in question within the CSR.