Sign in to follow this  
silar

SUPERAntiSpyware Is not working properly.

When I run a scan, nothing shows up under items scanned and detected. When I attempt to shut it down, it will not respond. To shut down, I have to go to the task manager. Running a memory check and deleting program and reinstalling will not work. It worked for years in the past.

OS Vista 32 bit.

When I run a scan, nothing shows up under items scanned and detected. When I attempt to shut it down, it will not respond. To shut down, I have to go to the task manager. Running a memory check and deleting program and reinstalling will not work. It worked for years in the past.

OS Vista 32 bit.

What version of SAS are you running...V4.51.1000?

What version of SAS are you running...V4.51.1000?

4.51.1000 which is the latest version.

Hello.

1) Are you saying SAS is detecting items, but nothing shows in the detected items window?

2) How are you attempting to shut down SAS?

3) Try SAS from Safe Mode.

4) Have you made any other security software changes when the problem began?

5) Do you know if the computer was infected when the problem began?

Hello.

1) Are you saying SAS is detecting items, but nothing shows in the detected items window?

Also in addition... Are you running any other security?

Hello.

I don't believe it is detecting anything. Nothing show up in detected items window. Just stays at zero. I just reinstalled Windows Vista and all updates are complete.

Avast Anti Virus.

Windows firewall. Checked that and all is fine.

Just reinstalled SAS and the same problems occurred. Now I will try it in safe mode.

Safe Mode works fine. Am running complete Avast and SAS scan.

After the scan and restart, the same problem is still there.

Silar,

You need to be more specific in explaining the issue(s).

Are you saying that when you run a scan in Safe Mode, SAS shows the number of items being scanned, but does not do so in Normal Mode?

Will SAS close without issue in Safe Mode and Normal Mode, and how are you trying to close SAS?

Did you perform a clean install of Vista (format before installing)?

Silar,

You need to be more specific in explaining the issue(s).

Are you saying that when you run a scan in Safe Mode, SAS shows the number of items being scanned, but does not do so in Normal Mode?

Will SAS close without issue in Safe Mode and Normal Mode, and how are you trying to close SAS?

Did you perform a clean install of Vista (format before installing)?

Sorry. The scan in safe mode shows the number of items being scanned. Also it shuts down correctly in safe mode. Yes, I performed a clean install of Vista. I have all updates through SP2.

I have tried closing the program by clicking next and that did not work. Task manager will not always shut it down.

I would appreciate an answer. Otherwise, I will uninstall and not use SAS again.

I would appreciate an answer. Otherwise, I will uninstall and not use SAS again.

I recommend that you submit a Customer Support Ticket and let the SAS gurus work with you on resolving the issue.

https://www.superantispyware.com/precreateticket.html

You should upgrade to V4.52.1000 first and see if the issue still exists. First uninstall SAS using the SAS Uninstaller Assistant which you can download from the link below.

https://forums.superantispyware.com/index.php?/topic/1344-superantispyware-uninstallation-assistant/

The fact that you have not had problems in the past with SAS implies that a change in the latest version is not applicable to your hardware/software configuration. The gurus will work it out for you, I feel confident.