Sign in to follow this  
biren

Odd behaviour - "no CD in drive D" msg popped up while scanning

dear friend(s),

i recently downloaded SAS and performed a complete scan.

i had selected only the drive C.

after the memory scan, during the registry scan, scanning was halted as a message popped up saying:

"there is no CD in drive D"

i had to hit 'continue' 6 times. (meaning, 6 objects were directing SAS to look at the CD drive for a CD?)

this happened 3 times, and the location (as i read it on the scan progress menu bar of SAS) this happened was/were:

HKLM\System\Controlset001\Services\ggc

HKLM\System\Controlset003\Services\ggc

HKLM\System\CurrentControlset\Services\ggc

any idea what was happening?

the scan came up mainly clean (except some minor tracking cookies). this was surprising as my comp was behaving erratically, and i suspected and infection.

warm regards. and thanks.

biren

dear friend(s),

i recently downloaded SAS and performed a complete scan.

i had selected only the drive C.

after the memory scan, during the registry scan, scanning was halted as a message popped up saying:

"there is no CD in drive D"

i had to hit 'continue' 6 times. (meaning, 6 objects were directing SAS to look at the CD drive for a CD?)

this happened 3 times, and the location (as i read it on the scan progress menu bar of SAS) this happened was/were:

HKLM\System\Controlset001\Services\ggc

HKLM\System\Controlset003\Services\ggc

HKLM\System\CurrentControlset\Services\ggc

any idea what was happening?

the scan came up mainly clean (except some minor tracking cookies). this was surprising as my comp was behaving erratically, and i suspected and infection.

warm regards. and thanks.

biren

Please try seths solution; also please note the following.

The error you are seeing is generated by Windows and not SUPERAntiSpyware. It does not represent a serious or unrecoverable PC problem, and is not related to a malware infection nor an unique issue with your PC.

The SUPERAntiSpyware scanner takes several preventative measures to avoid and suppress this "error" condition including telling Windows to not display this error at all -- however, Windows can get in a state where the dialogue will display no matter what the application does programatically. If you research the "No Disk" error, you will find that this affects any number of products.

You may find that placing a disk in your empty drive (referenced in the "No Disk" error) may remedy the condition temporarily, as may rebooting your PC, or...in the less desirable case, doing a Custom Scan without the Registry selected.