Sign in to follow this  
Guest nazznazz1

Rogues and fake alerts in Pre-Release 5.0

Guest nazznazz1

I just encountered a fake alert while cruising Google images...it claimed to be a function of Firefox,....

but I could soon see that it had all the behaviors of a fake alert. My antivirus sandboxed it, then a scan

with a rival Anti-malware program turned this up: installinternetprotection_234.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert.PGen)

(No reaction from SAS 5.0.1078)....real time failed and a critical point scan failed, then the other antimalware

program caught it on a quick scan....these fake alerts and rogue antiviruses are getting through, the same thing

happened last week, and it was MS Security tool...I just found it quarantined in the same program...This MUST

be cleared up before full release,..it seems real-time protection in SAS was lacking all along, and if SAS is tested publicly

on YouTube, and doesn't catch these vermin, and your rival antimalware program DOES in the same test,....people

are naturally going to turn to the rival program, and this whole 5.0 business will be for naught. Just a heads-up to

let you know how critical it is that real-time in SAS MUST BE IMPROVED and on a par with rival antimalware programs.

I saw one test where the same Malware was used on SAS and your CHIEF RIVAL antimalware program, before the

advent of 5.0, and SAS caught NOTHING, and the other program caught EVERYTHING!.....I thought to myself...

Why did I pay SAS for a lifetime subscription??? I sincerely hope that this doesn't happen with 5.0.....I personally love SAS,

and I do not want to see all the work that you HAVE done ruined by the very thing that was wrong with it in the first place...

(REAL-TIME PROTECTION) You wanted feedback from testers, and this is the most crucial time for you to get this right!

I just encountered a fake alert while cruising Google images...it claimed to be a function of Firefox,....

but I could soon see that it had all the behaviors of a fake alert. My antivirus sandboxed it, then a scan

with a rival Anti-malware program turned this up: installinternetprotection_234.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert.PGen)

(No reaction from SAS 5.0.1078)....real time failed and a critical point scan failed, then the other antimalware

program caught it on a quick scan....these fake alerts and rogue antiviruses are getting through, the same thing

happened last week, and it was MS Security tool...I just found it quarantined in the same program...This MUST

be cleared up before full release,..it seems real-time protection in SAS was lacking all along, and if SAS is tested publicly

on YouTube, and doesn't catch these vermin, and your rival antimalware program DOES in the same test,....people

are naturally going to turn to the rival program, and this whole 5.0 business will be for naught. Just a heads-up to

let you know how critical it is that real-time in SAS MUST BE IMPROVED and on a par with rival antimalware programs.

I saw one test where the same Malware was used on SAS and your CHIEF RIVAL antimalware program, before the

advent of 5.0, and SAS caught NOTHING, and the other program caught EVERYTHING!.....I thought to myself...

Why did I pay SAS for a lifetime subscription??? I sincerely hope that this doesn't happen with 5.0.....I personally love SAS,

and I do not want to see all the work that you HAVE done ruined by the very thing that was wrong with it in the first place...

(REAL-TIME PROTECTION) You wanted feedback from testers, and this is the most crucial time for you to get this right!

What you found is a single infection that got past - that happens with ANY product - we detect millions of threats and variations of threats - in real-time and during scan. A single solution is NOT enough today - we catch threats daily that other products MISS - just as they catch threats we miss - that's why you MUST RUN MORE THAN ONE anti-virus and anti-spyware product in today's world - we alone receive over 50,000 threats PER DAY.

As much as you feel people turn to "the rival program" - they turn back to us when those fail - as we see it there are no "rival programs" as we are all in the fight together against malware - NO SINGLE product can EVER catch everything on a given day - so when they fail people turn to us, if we miss something, the other product catches it - that's the reality.

You have provided no data as to the threats, etc. so I'd like to see EXACTLY what they were, the number of them, etc. - provide some data!

Guest nazznazz1

What you found is a single infection that got past - that happens with ANY product - we detect millions of threats and variations of threats - in real-time and during scan. A single solution is NOT enough today - we catch threats daily that other products MISS - just as they catch threats we miss - that's why you MUST RUN MORE THAN ONE anti-virus and anti-spyware product in today's world - we alone receive over 50,000 threats PER DAY.

As much as you feel people turn to "the rival program" - they turn back to us when those fail - as we see it there are no "rival programs" as we are all in the fight together against malware - NO SINGLE product can EVER catch everything on a given day - so when they fail people turn to us, if we miss something, the other product catches it - that's the reality.

You have provided no data as to the threats, etc. so I'd like to see EXACTLY what they were, the number of them, etc. - provide some data!

The Data you want was provided in the first post; did you not see it?---> installinternetprotection_234.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert.PGen) <--- and there was another the week before...and, on re-installation of my O.S. today, SAS caught 2 trojans w/ real-time protection....so, in all, not bad.....If you are presuming to placate yourself with pat answers, and lectures to me about multi-layered defense, then you are missing the boat......there is nothing in your rambling oratory to defend SAS that I didn't already know,..so,...Thank goodness I had Malwarebytes and Avast....Would you want a Trojan.Banker slipping through and draining your account?...I think not! I love SAS for its ability to detect what other programs don't.....BUT, why are you jumping on the defensive, and shouting at a tester who is giving you very valid feedback...about real-time protection?? I think I would simply say......"Thanks very much, we'll look into that"....Then it would not appear as though you were trolling, in your effort to defend what is already a fine product. SAS will stand on it's own merits, without your "help".

The Data you want was provided in the first post; did you not see it?---> installinternetprotection_234.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert.PGen) <--- and there was another the week before...and, on re-installation of my O.S. today, SAS caught 2 trojans w/ real-time protection....so, in all, not bad.....If you are presuming to placate yourself with pat answers, and lectures to me about multi-layered defense, then you are missing the boat......there is nothing in your rambling oratory to defend SAS that I didn't already know,..so,...Thank goodness I had Malwarebytes and Avast....Would you want a Trojan.Banker slipping through and draining your account?...I think not! I love SAS for its ability to detect what other programs don't.....BUT, why are you jumping on the defensive, and shouting at a tester who is giving you very valid feedback...about real-time protection?? I think I would simply say......"Thanks very much, we'll look into that"....Then it would not appear as though you were trolling, in your effort to defend what is already a fine product. SAS will stand on it's own merits, without your "help".

We appreciate your feedback - no one is "shouting" at anyone - as far as "placate yourself with pat answers" - I am educating real users towards real-world situations - posting "realtime failed" - means nothing - a couple of samples got through - no single product can catch everything bottom line -

yes, thank goodness there is SUPERAntiSpyware, MBAM, Avast, Vipre, AVG, KIS, Norton, etc. etc. - or else people would be in trouble!

You want me to answer "Ok, we'll look into it" - You gave us a random filename - we need the actual samples - so did you submit those too us? Give me the MD5 so I can locate it and add definitions if we have not already!

I am locking this thread as @nazznazz1 is no longer being productive and we are here to improve and test the pre-release. @nazznazz1 if you wish a refund for you purchase, contact me and we will be happy to paypal you your refund - you have an agenda that's not productive and we don't want you feeling unhappy about your purchase! :)

As far as your comments above about "rivals" - we only have allies in the fight against malware - each product excels at different tasks and thus you should run SAS+MBAM+AntiVirus+Firewall+CommonSense to stay protected! That's the reality!