Sign in to follow this  
HiroPro

Right Click Context Menu Scan

Hey SAS friends!

Recently I've decided to stop using SAS for real-time protection due to it's poor performance (hope ver 5 is much improved in this regard) and have switched to another Malware vendor for realtime protection. I still love SAS and will continue to purchase/sell full versions as I would feel much guilt if I used it as a freebee to the extent I do. As such I no longer have the sascore64.exe startup set to auto but manual. I also don't have the tray running either. I do though wish to scan with SAS...

The problem I have with ver 4.51.1000 is when I have no tray running I can't right click context menu in explorer to manual scan a particular file or folder. The context menu is gone. BUT when I load superantispyware.exe tray it appears. I don't get it... with the free version install one has right click context scan. I wish to have this ability but not have the tray or the core service running.

How?

Hey SAS friends!

Recently I've decided to stop using SAS for real-time protection due to it's poor performance (hope ver 5 is much improved in this regard) and have switched to another Malware vendor for realtime protection. I still love SAS and will continue to purchase/sell full versions as I would feel much guilt if I used it as a freebee to the extent I do. As such I no longer have the sascore64.exe startup set to auto but manual. I also don't have the tray running either. I do though wish to scan with SAS...

The problem I have with ver 4.51.1000 is when I have no tray running I can't right click context menu in explorer to manual scan a particular file or folder. The context menu is gone. BUT when I load superantispyware.exe tray it appears. I don't get it... with the free version install one has right click context scan. I wish to have this ability but not have the tray or the core service running.

How?

Nick has stated in several posts concerning the SASCore service that you should not prevent sascore64.exe from starting up even if you are running SAS only as a scanner with no real-time protection. If you are not using real-time protection, the sascore service sits idle, doing nothing, but it needs to be in memory even for just scanning. I doubt if you will get any changes in SAS V4 or V5 to eliminate this necessity. And it is necessary to have the bug in the Notification Tray for right click scanning to be functional. In Preferences>General you need to have "Show SUPERAntiSpyware icon in system tray" check marked.

Nick has stated in several posts concerning the SASCore service that you should not prevent sascore64.exe from starting up even if you are running SAS only as a scanner with no real-time protection. If you are not using real-time protection, the sascore service sits idle, doing nothing, but it needs to be in memory even for just scanning. I doubt if you will get any changes in SAS V4 or V5 to eliminate this necessity. And it is necessary to have the bug in the Notification Tray for right click scanning to be functional. In Preferences>General you need to have "Show SUPERAntiSpyware icon in system tray" check marked.

I have the free version installed with the option to show the right click scan option but it never shows. I have to also let it show the icon in the system tray? If so, I don't like that at all. I don't want an icon in my tray when the program is inactive.