Sign in to follow this  
nnoa110

SAS 5: Incorrect version number displayed in Control Panel "Programs and Features"

Hi,

I have discovered that, after updating SAS from 5.0.1076 to 5.0.1078 using internal updater, it leads to displaying incorrect version number in Control Panel "Program and Features" aka "Add or Remove Program".

Whilst I'm currently using 5.0.1078, Programs and Feature states that older version of SAS is installed. (In this case 5.0.1076)

Hope this will be fixed in the one of the future program updates. :-)

Hi,

I have discovered that, after updating SAS from 5.0.1076 to 5.0.1078 using internal updater, it leads to displaying incorrect version number in Control Panel "Program and Features" aka "Add or Remove Program".

Whilst I'm currently using 5.0.1078, Programs and Feature states that older version of SAS is installed. (In this case 5.0.1076)

Hope this will be fixed in the one of the future program updates. :-)

The add/remove programs always lists the initial version of the software you installed as the uninstaller is created from that original installation.

Hi Nick :-P ,

Thank you for your prompt reply!

But... this is not the case with other software like avast!.

after rebooting from the program update of avast! it will always display the updated version.

EDIT: OK.. I think I got it now.. I guess avast! updates their uninstaller during the program update phase thus, the latest version is always displayed in Add/Remove Program after an reboot.