Sign in to follow this  
hayc59

New Build Released Today

e2JfQ.jpg

18 min full scan ;) super fast

found two bad boys and killed like the dogs they are!!

thanks Nick, for a great peice of work!!

ioVVB.jpg

V5 is incredible. I can't imagine how much work went into it. Thanks SAS!

BTW- Hayc, you might want to purge your restore points.

BTW- Hayc, you might want to purge your restore points.

Seth..please tell me how that is done?

and thanks

G

Seth..please tell me how that is done?

and thanks

G

isn't purging them is just unchecking the box to turn system restore off- reboot then turn them on again?

this clears out all the prior restore points. You do this when you have a trojan or virus so they cannot come back but remember when you clear them out you cannot go back to an earlier point if need to. Just make sure you have a bootup disk or the original OS disk that came with your computer if you ever have to repair or reinstall the OS.

robin

btw quck scan on version 5.0.1078 on a 80gig hd with lots of programs on xp pro sp3 took 3min and 34 secendos

I like the fact that in the pro version it can give you mutiple scans where you can set a quick scan one day and another day set a full scan

robin

Exactly what I was thinking. Thank you very much SAS :D

You're welcome.

If you try to use SR when it's infected, one of three things usually happen.

1) You get re-infected.

2) System Restore won't complete successfully.

3) System Restore will complete successfully, but the system won't boot.

Looks and feels to me like SAS V5.0 is ready to go primetime GOLD. 8)

Largely because of the excellent testing by users such as yourself - we REALLY appreciate all you have done in helping us make this product something we can all be proud of! FYI, then items you raised are noted and will be included :)

Largely because of the excellent testing by users such as yourself - we REALLY appreciate all you have done in helping us make this product something we can all be proud of! FYI, then items you raised are noted and will be included :)

Group Hug ((((((((((((((((((((((((((( ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) :oops:

robin

e2JfQ.jpg

i am gonna use this pic as an example.

You see where it says Database Version

I think it should have a date next to or under the 6876 to make sure you know it is up to date

it has this in version 4+

This way one knows if it is up to date with definitions. Saying it updated 23minutes ago is fine but that 23 minutes ago could be 2 days old if the software could not for some reason do an update. Anyone agree?

robin

robin

i am gonna use this pic as an example.

You see where it says Database Version

I think it should have a date next to or under the 6876 to make sure you know it is up to date

it has this in version 4+

This way one knows if it is up to date with definitions. Saying it updated 23minutes ago is fine but that 23 minutes ago could be 2 days old if the software could not for some reason do an update. Anyone agree?

robin

robin

The updated would show 2 days ago that was the case - we show the last time the database was downloaded and when it was last checked for update.

Just installed SAS Pre release V5 and I'm very impressed with the new look, and the new features/options. Scanning is also a lot faster.

Its the best version ever.

Keep up the great work!

The updated would show 2 days ago that was the case - we show the last time the database was downloaded and when it was last checked for update.

2 days ago would be fine if the computer was on all the time but if the computer was off lets say for a few days and one turned it on and it still said 2days ago, what are the two days? that two days could be last week. If there was a date there like 4/22/2011 and one turned their computer on

4/29/2011 and sitting there no updates came in on 4/29/2011 then the user would know something is wrong. It it just said "2 days" -which 2 days? two days from 4/22, 2 days from 4/29- get my drift?

robin

Looks and feels to me like SAS V5.0 is ready to go primetime GOLD. 8)

Hard to believe this is still in pre release status. It has to be ready for the masses! :rolleyes: