Sign in to follow this  
Vidasc

SAS found nothing but...

Hi from France,

I just bought 2 licenses of SAS Pro for 2 PC and update them before start scanning.

One Pc was certainly infected and after meticulous scan, SAS seems clean up trojan and adwares.

Ten minutes later, SAS detect an attack ( a virus with fake window alert like "Windows anti virus 2011" appear ).

After SAS resolve this problem, every .exe were "unreadables". Fortunately, I was able to copy corrupt register-keys manually from other PC. Then all seems orderly ... but I still occur web false redirections via Bing or Google.

AGAIN, I perform meticulous scan ... nothing detected.

FINALLY I learn existence of the "Microsoft Security Essentials" free program and he was able to find corrupt files:

Trojan:DOS/Alureon.A

based in windows\system32\drivers\volsnap.sys

By the way, SAS don't detect the Adware "OpenCandy", is it normal ?

I hope SAS will work better for protect my computers or else I'll probably uninstall them <_<

Sincerely,

Virginie D.

Welcome to the SAS forum.

No one antimalware program can detect all infections. In my 15 years experience as a computer tech however, it's my opinion that SAS is one of the best (if not the best), at detecting numerous forms of malware.

BTW-The .exe file association is a common problem when removing malware. SAS has a simple fix for this issue that requires no registry editing, and is not contingent upon the operating system: https://www.superantispyware.com/downloads/SAS_FixEXEfile.com

Are you still getting redirects after updating SAS and running a complete scan? If so, open a Customer Support Request and SAS can run diagnostics on your system: https://www.superantispyware.com/precreateticket.html

«No one antimalware program can detect all infections. In my 15 years experience as a computer tech however, it's my opinion that SAS is one of the best (if not the best), at detecting numerous forms of malware.»

Thanks for your quick answer (and for the program who fix .exe problem).