Sign in to follow this  
x942

Trojan.Agent/Gen-UsrMgr for GPG4WIN?

Just reinstalled GPG4WIN an e-mail encryption program that is similar to PGP. It is free and open source but SAS is detecting it as Trojan.Agent/Gen-UsrMgr. Upon uninstalling SAS scans no longer detect anything and neither do Avast! PrevX Mbam or Hitman PRO or EAM. Can someone please test and confirm if this is a threat or FP?

LINK: hXXp://www.gpg4win.org/

Thanks,

x942

I've confirmed that this is a false-positive.

I've submitted a report to Customer Support and detection will be removed in an upcoming signature.

Thanks for your cooperation!

I've confirmed that this is a false-positive.

I've submitted a report to Customer Support and detection will be removed in an upcoming signature.

Thanks for your cooperation!

Great! Thanks for the quick response. Glad to hear it is a false-positve, I assume it was picking it up because it was attempting to spawn another process. Am I right?

Thanks again keep up the good work :D

> Glad to hear it is a false-positve, I assume it was picking it up because it was attempting to spawn another process. Am I right?

I don't know exactly but can guess that developers of open source GPG4Win use open source MinGW compiler. And looks like as for now SAS detects everything compiled with it as malware. Take a look at this thread for details.

Even after the last few database updates GPG is still being detected. This time only one component is coming up. It happens when I launch the GPA key manager and before there were two items marked as a Trojan.

Do I have a bad copy or is there still a false positive?

Thanks again!