genegold

Three suggestions

Three suggestions (unless I've missed a setting):

1) It sure would be nice if SAS Pro's sys tray icon (XP) looked different when a scan was running; right now its text doesn't even show that a scan is running. Having at least one of those has been common in sys bar stationed utilities for quite some time.

2) If the computer is not on when the scheduled scan time arrives, a reminder or pop up asking what to do would be welcome at the next start up; and

3) When a scan has been started manually, the X for closing the dialog box should close the program to the sys tray, not be for stopping the scan. This has become increasingly common with sys bar utilities, and there is not really a need for SAS in the taskbar. There can be a separate button on the dialog box for closing. Or, at least, closing the box to the sys bar should be an option.

xp/sp3

Three suggestions (unless I've missed a setting):

1) It sure would be nice if SAS Pro's sys tray icon (XP) looked different when a scan was running; right now its text doesn't even show that a scan is running. Having at least one of those has been common in sys bar stationed utilities for quite some time.

2) If the computer is not on when the scheduled scan time arrives, a reminder or pop up asking what to do would be welcome at the next start up; and

3) When a scan has been started manually, the X for closing the dialog box should close the program to the sys tray, not be for stopping the scan. This has become increasingly common with sys bar utilities, and there is not really a need for SAS in the taskbar. There can be a separate button on the dialog box for closing. Or, at least, closing the box to the sys bar should be an option.

xp/sp3

You should try our version 5.0 pre-release :)

Did you send me a link for it? I don't appreciate wasting my time looking for links that are being kept private, which appears is what's happening with SAS 5.

Of my three wishes:

1) it appears there is a little extra something on the sys tray icon during the scan; it would be nice if hovering over the icon included "scanning."

2) Done, thank you.

3) I was told that v5 would fix what happened when an open scan box is closed via the X, to conform with the way most other sys tray apps work, but it's still the same "are you sure you want to stop the scan." Is it coming?

I was told that v5 would fix what happened when an open scan box is closed via the X, to conform with the way most other sys tray apps work, but it's still the same "are you sure you want to stop the scan." Is it coming?

That's a tricky feature to add. It could be confusing to many users who think they closed the program, and yet, it is still scanning. Customers then might think we're slowing down the system after they "closed" the program or popping up unwanted windows to notify when the scanning is complete. If the minimize button was set to minimize to the tray, then users may not know where it went to (many customers don't use the system tray, they just double-click the icon on the desktop to open the SUPERAntiSpyware window). The current behavior is the best balance between functionality for advanced users and ease-of-use for everyone else.

That's a tricky feature to add. It could be confusing to many users who think they closed the program, and yet, it is still scanning. Customers then might think we're slowing down the system after they "closed" the program or popping up unwanted windows to notify when the scanning is complete. If the minimize button was set to minimize to the tray, then users may not know where it went to (many customers don't use the system tray, they just double-click the icon on the desktop to open the SUPERAntiSpyware window). The current behavior is the best balance between functionality for advanced users and ease-of-use for everyone else.

I'm puzzled by your answer. If the user of SAS Pro voluntarily chooses to use the sys tray check box, then it's not hard to see the logic of combining that with closing via the X during a scan (or you can make it a separate option). Consider all the people who have no trouble this way with Microsoft Security Essentials, Comodo, Avira, Avast, Secunia PSI or CSI, and all the commercial ad blockers and other utilities that return to the sys tray from the X. Your answer implies that SAS Pro users are an incredibly unintelligent lot.