Sign in to follow this  
SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpyware 4.50.1002 Pre-Release

New 4.50.1002 Pre-Release here:

SUPERAntiSpyware 4.50.1002 Pre-Release

* Resolves "Windows Administrator" error on updating (will allow smooth transition to 5.0 in the coming weeks)

Late yesterday, 17th March, at about 11pm GMT, after doing a database update, I was offered an update in the usual way to version 4.50.1002. I clicked to download it and it's now installed.

What I would like to know is what exactly have I now got? The Pre-Release version or the Final version? At no time was anything mentioned about it not being a normal update to a new version and I was not told to uninstall 4.49.1000 before installing the new version.

Can you clarify this for me please. Thanks.

Madeline

I did the same thing. Updated it through the internal updater. Nothing came up that said to uninstall SAS or that this is a Beta.

I also did the same thing, updated via internal updater, no mension of removing old version to install 4.50.1002.

What is a pre-release version?

As part of our development cycle, SUPERAntiSpyware.com releases "Pre-Release" versions of our software in order to test our software on a large volume of systems to ensure that our official releases are always of the highest quality. Our Pre-Release versions are Release Candidates, and are NOT Alpha, Beta, or early test versions. We perform our own internal testing and Alpha and Beta testing long before we have a pre-release that is open to the public. You can be assured the software is stable and should be significantly bug and defect free

I did the same thing. Updated it through the internal updater. Nothing came up that said to uninstall SAS or that this is a Beta.

CC you should be fine...PRE-RELEASE is real stable when Nick is concerned

I think that the version we got was the final version. The download site here is now showing the current version as 4.50.1002.

Madeline

Late yesterday, 17th March, at about 11pm GMT, after doing a database update, I was offered an update in the usual way to version 4.50.1002. I clicked to download it and it's now installed.

What I would like to know is what exactly have I now got? The Pre-Release version or the Final version? At no time was anything mentioned about it not being a normal update to a new version and I was not told to uninstall 4.49.1000 before installing the new version.

Can you clarify this for me please. Thanks.

Madeline

If it came through your updater it basically means Nick took it out of the pre release state. He doesn't put it into the updater unless it is a final release because it goes out to the general public. And you will know when 5.0 comes out. Right now it is still in beta and not as a pre release. He will put it in here normally under the section of this forum for pre releases with a link to go get it. Also I am betting there will be a huge announcement in the forum when it is a final release because it looks totally different than the current 4.9 version now.

Also you do not need to uninstall your version to get updates unless your program is having problems, you can just use the updater in the program to update and upgrade the program

robin

Madeline you are correct o mundo!! ;)

03/17/2011 4.50.1002 Technology Changes

https://www.superantispyware.com/producthistory.html?id=SUPERANTISPYWARE

Hi hayc59! Thanks for your replies. Actually, it was partly due to your post on CoU that I was a bit worried! I looked at the link you gave to the Pre-Release download and it said that any previous version should be uninstalled before getting the Pre-Release one. It didn't seem likely that I'd get anything other than the final version through SAS's updater, but I just wanted to check.

This is what comes of being both slightly paranoid and easily confused!

Madeline :-)

If it came through your updater it basically means Nick took it out of the pre release state. He doesn't put it into the updater unless it is a final release because it goes out to the general public. And you will know when 5.0 comes out. Right now it is still in beta and not as a pre release. He will put it in here normally under the section of this forum for pre releases with a link to go get it. Also I am betting there will be a huge announcement in the forum when it is a final release because it looks totally different than the current 4.9 version now.

Also you do not need to uninstall your version to get updates unless your program is having problems, you can just use the updater in the program to update and upgrade the program

robin

Thanks for the info robin. That's more or less what I thought to be the case, but it's good to have it confirmed. See also my reply to hayc59 above.

Madeline :-)