greyowl

SAS Removal of System Files

I am considering using SAS Pro, but I am concerned about something that I read on another forum stating that SAS is rather aggressive and has been know to identify essential system files as malware for removal resulting in the BSOD. I am a novice user and doubt that I would be able to identify these essential good file and then ignore the SAS identification. I am wondering if SAS is better suited to the more advanced user.

SAS is very easy to use "right out of the box", but has numerous options and features for the advanced user.

Any antimalware program will have its share of False Positives, but I've used just about all of them in the last decade, and have found that SAS's FP's are among the lowest.

You're welcome.

Also keep in mind that if you're unsure of a particular found file, you could:

1) Use the "Explain detected item" option when the scan completes.

2) Google the item.

3) Post it here for review.

4) Upload it to Virus Total: http://www.virustotal.com/

I am considering using SAS Pro, but I am concerned about something that I read on another forum stating that SAS is rather aggressive and has been know to identify essential system files as malware for removal resulting in the BSOD. I am a novice user and doubt that I would be able to identify these essential good file and then ignore the SAS identification. I am wondering if SAS is better suited to the more advanced user.

SUPERAntiSpyware does NOT remove system files, in fact we SPECIFICALLY GUARD against that, sometimes malware will damage system files, not SUPERAntiSpyware.