Seth

Reliability of Apple computers.

I question the often touted reliability of an Apple computer.

Approximately 5%-10% of the population use an Apple system.

My computer repair business receives about that percentage in calls for Apple computers.

So unless there's some odd gravitational force that only affects Apple computers in my neck of the woods, I'm not seeing any reliability advantage.

I question the often touted reliability of an Apple computer.

Approximately 5%-10% of the population use an Apple system.

My computer repair business receives about that percentage in calls for Apple computers.

So unless there's some odd gravitational force that only affects Apple computers in my neck of the woods, I'm not seeing any reliability advantage.

hey seth

In my computer repair business i see the same thing, but everyone who i know that has an Apple loves it and they all tell me that once you have one you will never go back to a PC. I do not have an Apple computer, sure i would love to get one but they are so expensive compared to a pc. You can practically purchase 2 pcs for the price of one Apple.

With an Apple you do not need antispyware software or antivirus software, but i have been reading in some forums that it is being recommended now to get an antivirus program.,, go figure. Also i am told an update to the OS costs $$$$ where Microsoft gives you the patches for free, even though i complain about so many updates.

So what is the hype to go to an Apple, maybe some of you can give us the goods and the bads of them

robin

hey seth

In my computer repair business i see the same thing, but everyone who i know that has an Apple loves it and they all tell me that once you have one you will never go back to a PC. I do not have an Apple computer, sure i would love to get one but they are so expensive compared to a pc. You can practically purchase 2 pcs for the price of one Apple.

With an Apple you do not need antispyware software or antivirus software, but i have been reading in some forums that it is being recommended now to get an antivirus program.,, go figure. Also i am told an update to the OS costs $$$$ where Microsoft gives you the patches for free, even though i complain about so many updates.

So what is the hype to go to an Apple, maybe some of you can give us the goods and the bads of them

robin

I will tell you this much, I was working part time for Best Buy and the Apple salesman used to give me a hard time because I let him know that I was not a big Apple fan. I heard him telling a customer that Apple computers will not get viruses. I laughed and quickly corrected him. He doubted my knowledge and it wasn't but a month later that Apple had a virus outbreak. My point, it's a computer.

Not that I would never have an Apple, but I do like PC's better because I like to customize. And I work in the business world where we use Apples are great machines for our graphics stuff, but they suck for our business side.

Just saying

The only reason Apple computers aren't as prone to infections when compared to Windows systems, is due to their low market share. As of now, it's not pratical for malware coders to target Apple systems. However, that will change as Apple systems become more popular.

As far as hardware goes, Apple systems are just as prone to failure when compared to an equivalently equipped Windows system. The relevant difference is that most Apple hardware repairs will cost about 3x more to repair than a generic system.

Guest Assibeavaib

Just stopping by to introduce myself to the forum. I am looking forward to becoming involved. And once again '>, Greetings from Texas.