imagine

Remove warning for ssupdate in Vista ?

Hi I recently installed 3.5.0.1016 free on a new Vista system. I activated "check for updates at startup" and now every time vista starts, I get a message from the User Account Control asking whether it should allow SSUPDATE.EXE. I changed the permissions of this file to "run as administrator" by changing the properties on the icon and this didn't help.

I haven't found a way to "allow" this problem in Windows Defender and I don't want to turn off all UAC warnings. I even tried adding it SSupdate to the start folder manually but Windows Defender blocked it and wouldn't allow me to approve it permanently (just the option to run it each time Windows starts).

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make this program run without being warned about it?

I was thinking of updating to Pro if it works well but I don't want to run a program that nags me just to update definitions. Any suggestions to fix this are much appreciated. :)

Hi I recently installed 3.5.0.1016 free on a new Vista system. I activated "check for updates at startup" and now every time vista starts, I get a message from the User Account Control asking whether it should allow SSUPDATE.EXE. I changed the permissions of this file to "run as administrator" by changing the properties on the icon and this didn't help.

I haven't found a way to "allow" this problem in Windows Defender and I don't want to turn off all UAC warnings. I even tried adding it SSupdate to the start folder manually but Windows Defender blocked it and wouldn't allow me to approve it permanently (just the option to run it each time Windows starts).

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make this program run without being warned about it?

I was thinking of updating to Pro if it works well but I don't want to run a program that nags me just to update definitions. Any suggestions to fix this are much appreciated. :)

For now you can turn off the auto-update check and just check when you want - we are addressing this in a future build.