Sign in to follow this  
siliconman01

Windows 7 SP1 Cleanup will speed up SAS scanning

For Windows 7 users who have upgraded to Service Pack 1:

The link below provides the procedure for cleaning up backup files that are created during the SP1 installation. This cleanup procedure makes SP1 permanent and that means SP1 cannot be removed. So be sure that you want SP1 to be permanent. The cleanup will regain 1-4 gigabytes of disk space depending on your Win 7 system. Run a disk DEFRAG after the cleanup to improve system performance. The deletion of tens of thousands of the backup files will definitely speed up an SAS scan :wink:

http://www.ghacks.net/2011/02/23/remove-windows-7-sp1-backups-to-free-up-disk-space/

Thanks for the info. I did'nt have the update yet & my Newly Installed "Secunia Personal Software Inspector (PSI)", did'nt catch it! I try my best to keep CPU's updated,cleaned out,defragged,locked down,& Backed Up. Always looking for good info , READING, not posting; this is my 1'st post since the Y2K non-event. Hope I did'nt mess up any rules,protocol,or anything else related to "posting". Just wanted to say thanks & I'll be watching for any other good info!!

SleepyReader (Awake at the moment)

Those that don't want to muck in cmd, run disk cleanup (in Admin mode) and select Service Pack