HAN

Program Update Question

First off, I run 2 copies of SAS Pro on 2 XP Home SP2 PCs.

I am on incredibly slow dial-up at home. It's not practical to use the auto-update for definitions because it takes 10 to 15 minutes to update. And a program update is really out of the question as it would take nearly an hour.

I've solved the definition issue by downloading them at work and installing them at home via a flash drive.

Can I do the same for the program update? Download at work and just install the new SAS Pro over the top of the old version? Or must I go through the uninstall, reboot and install procedure? (I'm pulling for the easy route :wink: )

First off, I run 2 copies of SAS Pro on 2 XP Home SP2 PCs.

I am on incredibly slow dial-up at home. It's not practical to use the auto-update for definitions because it takes 10 to 15 minutes to update. And a program update is really out of the question as it would take nearly an hour.

I've solved the definition issue by downloading them at work and installing them at home via a flash drive.

Can I do the same for the program update? Download at work and just install the new SAS Pro over the top of the old version? Or must I go through the uninstall, reboot and install procedure? (I'm pulling for the easy route :wink: )

The best advice I can give you, and solution, would be to download the entire install package to your flash drive and then simply uninstall and re-install for the program updates as there is no "easy" way to update just the components.