Sign in to follow this  
rangermenace

Long Time to Load

This program is taking a very long time to load after windows starts and i don't have it set to run any scans, so why? Should i uncheck to have it intergreat with vista security center since i'm running windows 7? This is the pro version

This program is taking a very long time to load after windows starts and i don't have it set to run any scans, so why? Should i uncheck to have it intergreat with vista security center since i'm running windows 7? This is the pro version

Hi rangermenace.

The integration option shouldn't affect the load time.

1) What version of SAS are you using?

2) What other security products are running?

3) Has this occurred since the install, or is it a recent development?

Hi rangermenace.

The integration option shouldn't affect the load time.

1) What version of SAS are you using?

2) What other security products are running?

3) Has this occurred since the install, or is it a recent development?

I do have experienced slow starts. Also the latest build seems to jump to as high as 30% cpu util sporadically!

What gives?

I do have experienced slow starts. Also the latest build seems to jump to as high as 30% cpu util sporadically!

What gives?

Do you have other security running? (if so) Do you have both programs updating on startup? How much ram do you have; and how many programs do you have starting with windows? It is easy to bog down windows on startup if you are not careful what processes you choose to have automatically start when windows starts.

The long load time has been around for awhile, no different between free and pro version. The older version loaded much faster before the program was updated several months ago. I'm running version 4.48.1000 and Norton Internet Security but sometimes SAS hangs when loading, not often but it does happen. 8 gigs of RAM, windows 7 home 64-bit

The long load time has been around for awhile, no different between free and pro version. The older version loaded much faster before the program was updated several months ago. I'm running version 4.48.1000 and Norton Internet Security but sometimes SAS hangs when loading, not often but it does happen. 8 gigs of RAM, windows 7 home 64-bit

I recommend you try having one of those programs update after the initial startup of your computer; your connection may be getting choked.

If your talking internet connection i'm using FIOS so have big bandwith. Did remove some programs from startup folder i don't need loaded but still takes time. One thing i have is 6 sidebar gagets running, clock, norton, weather, news, calander & outlook calander thingie.

IMO, Norton and six gadgets are definitely going to have a significant impact on boot time. What other programs are checked in Msconfig's Startup list?