raffnixpert

Questions on SAS Pro Updates

The SAS Help stipulates under “Frequently Asked Questions”:

“The Scheduling, Automatic Updates and Daily Definition Updates featured in SUPERAntiSpyware Professional provide the additional elements for protection …”

That sounds as if the Update function of SAS Pro was rather different from the free version. Therefore I would like to ask the following questions concerning Updates:

1. Does Real-Time Protection use the same malware definitions as the on-demand scanner i.e. will the same amount and type of definitions be downloaded during an update?
  2. Is there a different update function for Real-Time Protection or is it also controlled by the same settings as the on-demand scanner in the below window?
    6348733xjc.jpg
  3. Which settings would be appropriate in order to strike a reasonable balance between security and short boot times?

Hello raffnixpert.

Does Real-Time Protection use the same malware definitions as the on-demand scanner i.e. will the same amount and type of definitions be downloaded during an update?

Yes, but SAS Pro updates are automatic.

Is there a different update function for Real-Time Protection or is it also controlled by the same settings as the on-demand scanner in the below window?

Both Pro and Free are identical in the settings. However, the free version won't allow you to utilize certain settings: https://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html

Which settings would be appropriate in order to strike a reasonable balance between security and short boot times?

SAS has little impact on boot time, but you can disable it from starting when Windows starts via the settings. Just make sure you update it before running a scan.

If security is a concern, I suggest SAS Pro for the real time protection.