Sign in to follow this  
Open2uandu

Pre-Release on Win 7 w/IE8 crashing Google News

Hello.

Can you please be more specific? As in, does just Google News crash?, and what exactly happens? Also post the version of SAS that you're using.

Hello.

Can you please be more specific? As in, does just Google News crash?, and what exactly happens? Also post the version of SAS that you're using.

It seems to be just Google News - but it doesn't crash ALL the time. I just don't know what the criteria is to cause a crash! I get the little window that says (to paraphrase), "IE has stopped working. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." with a "Close Program" button. Sometimes it helps if I reboot. It seldom helps to clear cookies. The few error reports I've managed to read always refer to "SAb-something". I really want to solve this because I like Google News and I don't feel I'm asking too much of the software.

I'm using version 5.0.0.1022 and there are never any updates. Ever. How is the filter list kept current?

If it happens again, please post the error report that shows the SAB error.

You can also temporarily disable SAB for a few days and see if Google News still crashes.

If it happens again, please post the error report that shows the SAB error.

You can also temporarily disable SAB for a few days and see if Google News still crashes.

Google News NEVER crashes if SAB is turned off.