Sign in to follow this  
bilmaxey

shut down computer after?

Does anybody use the 'shut down computer after scan' feature? I try to use it but after the scan there is an interactive report of things that are being quarantined that waits for operator interaction.

If you know of a way around this, could you let me know?

Thanks.

I will try to be more explicit:

When I select 'SCHEDULED SCANNING' from the main SuperAntiSpyware menu, then on

the 'Scheduled Scanning Options' menu, I select the 'Automatically shut down (turn off)

the computer after the scan is complete' option, every thing goes okay until the scan

is complete, when there is an information pop-up that tells me what malware is being

quarantined or deleted that requires operator interaction before it will proceed.

I was trying to use the 'shut down' feature to save electricity after cleaning the

computer at night.

Does anyone else use this feature, or have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Hello.

Is it just cookies that are being detected?

Is the option checked to "Automatically quarantine and remove infected files"?

What version of SAS are you using?

Don't know what you mean about 'just cookies'?

Yes, the option is checked.

Version I Professional and it is up to date.

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log

https://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 02/08/2011 at 10:48 PM

Application Version : 4.48.1000

Core Rules Database Version : 6364

Trace Rules Database Version: 4176

Scan type : Complete Scan

Total Scan Time : 00:48:17

Memory items scanned : 575

Memory threats detected : 0

Registry items scanned : 15136

Registry threats detected : 0

File items scanned : 47075

File threats detected : 3

Adware.Tracking Cookie

C:\Users\bill\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\bill@atdmt[2].txt

C:\Users\bill\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\bill@atdmt.combing[2].txt

picayune.uclick.com [ C:\Users\bill\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\65667QG5 ]

Are cookies really spyware and are they dangerous?

This subject has been the debate of many newsgroups and online forums. Cookies are simply text files stored on your hard drive and cannot themselves harm your computer in any way. Typically cookies are used to remember logins and keep track of user settings on web-sites.

Cookies can be used to track your movement on the Internet ONLY if a site is aware of the cookies and is designed to use the specific cookies. Because of their use in tracking, many feel that this constitutes spyware.

We do not consider cookies to be threats of anywhere near the same level of severity as actual malware threats that can steal real personal information, serve ads, or render a computer unusable.

SUPERAntiSpyware will detect tracking cookies as "Adware.Tracking Cookies" and you can choose to remove them or leave them on your system. You may turn off this feature in the Preferences -> Scanning Control tab of SUPERAntiSpyware should you not wish cookies to be scanned, detected and removed.

I turn off SAS's cookie detection. With that being said, it looks like the issue will need to be addressed by the developers. You can wait to see if Sean provides further instructions, or submit a Customer Support Request and mention this thread in the request:

https://www.superantispyware.com/precreateticket.html

Okay, I tried it with cookie detection turned off, and got a pop-up message saying:

'Scanning is complete. No harmful software was detected!'

Again, this message required operator interaction, so the computer did not shut down.

That was very helpful, as the CSR would have requested you try that first in order to narrow down the problem.