Sign in to follow this  
Del

Installation issue

Hello. I just purchased SASPRO and started the installation process. An error dialog box [unable to locate component] pops up with the following message: This application has failed to start because USERENV.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Since I was unable to install it in the first place, I can't re-install; right? :unsure: Anyway, what do you think is going on here? I'm going to guess that it is the installer that is looking for the file (which is located in c:\windows\System32 subdirectory).

I am running Vista Ultimate, Version 6 (Build 6002), SP2 - 64-bit operating system; IP sponsored McAfee Security Suite.

Del

PS: It just occurred to me, will SASPro conflict with the McAfee Security Suite? It has a component that scans for viruses and spyware. I don't think you can shut down the spyware aspect only.

Hello. I just purchased SASPRO and started the installation process. An error dialog box [unable to locate component] pops up with the following message: This application has failed to start because USERENV.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Since I was unable to install it in the first place, I can't re-install; right? :unsure: Anyway, what do you think is going on here? I'm going to guess that it is the installer that is looking for the file (which is located in c:\windows\System32 subdirectory).

I am running Vista Ultimate, Version 6 (Build 6002), SP2 - 64-bit operating system; IP sponsored McAfee Security Suite.

Del

PS: It just occurred to me, will SASPro conflict with the McAfee Security Suite? It has a component that scans for viruses and spyware. I don't think you can shut down the spyware aspect only.

Check the link below concerning how to resolve this error...hopefully

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/userenv-dll-not-found-missing-error.htm

Also, ensure that you have a copy of file USERENV.dll in both the C:\Windows\System32 and C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folders.