Sign in to follow this  
CodeVisio

Trojan.Agent/Gen-Krpytik

Hi,

the trojan on the subject of this topic is what SUPERAntisypware found from this file APYSPY32.DLL.

That dll comes from an exe I downloaded from the Microsoft System Journals column of Math Pietrek

on December 1994 Vol 9 No 12. The exe is CODE MSJDEC94.EXE downloadable from this web-address

http://www.microsoft.com/msj/backissues86.aspx.

I think it's a false positive but I'm not sure, please let me know.

Thank you

Roberto

no, I'll do it.

Anyway, what is the difference for you between submitting the info via SUPERAntispyware or

downloading the dll from the link I posted?

Thanks

I guess the basic difference is that the SAS staff may miss your post here on the forum; whereas, by submitting the file as a potential false positive automatically put the file in front of the SAS gurus for analysis and resolution. You will probably get a faster resolution to your file's detection if submitted via the normal submission process. Plus the link your provided does not work....at least it does not on my system with IE9.

IN Addition: The file on your system may be infected; the file on a specific website may not be...even if the website is the exact one that you downloaded the file from. Cybercriminals modify and even replace files on a user's system all the time as their method of attack.

I guess the basic difference is that the SAS staff may miss your post here on the forum; whereas, by submitting the file as a potential false positive automatically put the file in front of the SAS gurus for analysis and resolution. You will probably get a faster resolution to your file's detection if submitted via the normal submission process. Plus the link your provided does not work....at least it does not on my system with IE9.

ok,

thank you