siliconman01

Leftover Junk files from old versions of SAS

For those SAS users who like to keep their hard drives cleaned of unneeded junk files, here is something I found today while browsing through various folders on hard drive. There may be a series of old .MSI files from previous builds of SAS lurking in folder Wise Installation Wizard on your hard drive.

Take a look in

64-bit systems: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Wise Installation Wizard folder

32-bit systems: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Wise Installation Wizard folder

I found 9 leftover .MSI installer files from SAS 4.90 series and SAS 4.32/33 series of SAS. These vary in size from 7.0 mbytes to 8.2 mbytes. Whereas SAS now installs with its own custom installer, these old files can be deleted from folder Wise Installation Wizard. Other programs may have entries in this folder so be sure that you do not delete their entries....just the ones for SAS. The name of the old SAS installer has the old SAS version number in the name.

For those SAS users who like to keep their hard drives cleaned of unneeded junk files, here is something I found today while browsing through various folders on hard drive. There may be a series of old .MSI files from previous builds of SAS lurking in folder Wise Installation Wizard on your hard drive.

Take a look in

64-bit systems: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Wise Installation Wizard folder

32-bit systems: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Wise Installation Wizard folder

I found 9 leftover .MSI installer files from SAS 4.90 series and SAS 4.32/33 series of SAS. These vary in size from 7.0 mbytes to 8.2 mbytes. Whereas SAS now installs with its own custom installer, these old files can be deleted from folder Wise Installation Wizard. Other programs may have entries in this folder so be sure that you do not delete their entries....just the ones for SAS. The name of the old SAS installer has the old SAS version number in the name.

Thanks! This information will be noted and forwarded to the developers.

Thanks for this! I had a look at this folder and there were only 2 things in it - one was an old SAS installer and the other was for a program that I uninstalled ages ago, so both of them have been deleted and the Wise Installation Wizard folder is currently empty. I've saved just over 11½MB of space by doing this, not a huge amount but I like to get rid of unnecessary stuff from my hard drive. :-)

Nice find siliconman01.

I didn't find any SAS leftovers there but it was full of a load of old nVidia PhysX installers.